Backend Engineer - .NET
NYC or Remote
Engineering – Development /
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen.
We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits.
Olo is revolutionizing the customer experience with restaurant chains, and we're looking for talented engineers to join our team and help achieve this vision. As part of the team you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will design, develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services in our core ordering platform. While primarily focused on our back-end, the position requires contributions throughout our stack.
You'll work with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, TeamCity, GitHub, Octopus Deploy, and heavy use of OSS.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Utilize technical / procedural skills to support an assigned team’s work within a specified application set or on discrete system elements.
- Engage in design and development discussions, helping the team conceptualize desired outcomes from a Software Engineering perspective.
- Assist with feature / element estimation in terms of technical input, resources, time and anticipated outcomes.
- Notify team or technical manager from variances from plans, identifying material changes in scope or anticipated work deliverables.
- Develop and implements unit and systems testing for integral code paths, ensuring adherence to secure coding practices at all times.
- Provide technical support, including troubleshooting and enhancement for existing and new features within application and system structures.
- Apply a systemic approach to identify, assess and debug issues.
- Identify network, server or software bottlenecks.
- Utilize monitoring tools / processes to identify and assess production issues.
- Contribute to fulfilling both individual and team goals, ensuring responsibilities are accomplished in a manner that benefits the whole.
What We'll Expect From You
- A passion for computing that extends beyond work
- At least 3 years on-the-job development experience
- A drive to automate anything that has to be done more than once
- Proficient knowledge of C#, .NET and object oriented concepts
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of Windows, database and networking concepts
- Experience instrumenting, deploying and monitoring production code
- Experience developing for highly available and horizontally scalable SaaS platforms
- Experience with any of: Kafka, Redis, distributed messaging systems, Amazon Web Services, F#, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Terraform
- A background in restaurant or e-commerce technology, including point of sale systems, payment gateways, and CRM and loyalty platforms
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 78,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, health, dental, and vision coverage for yourself and your family, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $105,436 - $151,163 annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.