Senior Director of Program Management
Remote or NYC /
Operations – Operations /
We are looking for a Senior Director of Program Management to manage cross-team initiatives and be responsible for the management and monitoring of a range of programs and projects across the company.
As head of the project and program management team, you will establish the function, define the vision for the organization, and build the organizational DNA for predictable and sustainable execution. The Senior Director will manage a team of project managers. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate will strategically manage and evolve the Program Management organization through a period of high growth. You will provide crisp status and communications to enable fast and effective escalations and decision making that allow the organization to react and adjust to changes. You will drive creation and improvements in cross functional processes and tools that enable and streamline the teams’ efforts, and transition these successfully to sustaining resources. The ideal candidate will be a champion of transformation, mentoring the teams on building risk assessment, process improvements, and governance into project planning and review standards.
You will be a master of structuring work, developing processes, managing timelines, examining and responding to metrics and data, and helping teams realize their full delivery potential. The successful candidate will have a proven record of delivery success in fast-paced, rapidly evolving environments, ideally for a SaaS or enterprise software company.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create program plans, methodologies, roadmaps, risk, timelines, communications, training and benchmarks directing critical programs from concept to completion.
- Manage delivery of multiple programs, end to end program execution, scope management, schedule management, cost management and quality management.
- Establish a process for product/project delivery across the company, working with the leadership of the respective teams.
- Determine, roll out, and maintain tools and best practices for the management of projects and project communications.
- Lead complex organizational transformation spanning cross functional teams.
- Maintain open communication with functional and technical partners to ensure goal alignment, consistent expectations and efficient pipeline development.
- Enable and assure the optimal quality and governance of a portfolio of projects and programs, monitoring the improvement and setting up the project framework, standards and best practices.
- Manage team capacity, forecasts, burn-down, and budget.
- Maintain a company-wide view of all programs and projects.
- Ensure appropriate controls and monitoring are in place by project managers to enable accurate reporting of status across the company, including timelines, risks and issues.
- Build and support internal and external communication plans, status reports, and progress against plan analyses and presentations.
- Manage high-profile projects and deliveries.
What We'll Expect From You
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience leading complex programs in a software, SaaS or systems development environment.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science.
- Significant experience kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs.
- Strong Project management skills.
- Previous experience delivering challenging projects or programs.
- Relevant project or program management qualification (PMP).
- Significant prior experience managing software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Conversant in program and Agile project management, able to identify and rollout the best methodology for the task and situation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated resilience and strong track record of ability to create change in an unstructured and rapidly evolving environment, strong leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to hire and manage a team through a period of high growth.
- Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to coordinate team members across disparate teams.
- Experience mentoring team members as well as helping them set and achieve goals for growth in their careers.
- Keen understanding of how to consistently “move the ball forward” in varied circumstances.
- Able to energize a team against a goal, committed to continuous evolution and improvement.
- Self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Previous experience working with remote delivery teams.
- Proven change management experience - able to successfully roll-out operational / process changes, addressing feedback, and achieving adoption.
- Strong leadership skills - able to successfully influence without authority.
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS business model and its software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate technical solutions to business terminology and goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!