New York, NY /
Finance + Accounting – Accounting /
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Accountant with a positive attitude to support our corporate accounting team. This role will be responsible for the month-end accounting close process, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliation workpapers, and supervising one or more team members. Furthermore, this role will assist in establishing and documenting accounting processes according to best practices. The ideal candidate will have experience in both a public accounting firm and working within the SaaS industry. In addition, the candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with auditors.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations for various Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Perform monthly general ledger analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations.
- Prepare GAAP financial statements for corporate entity.
- Assist revenue accounting team with application of ASC 606 and order to cash related activities.
- Work cross functionally with extended finance team to align P&L with forecast and other finance initiatives.
- Facilitate in the adoption and establishment of a process surrounding ASC 842.
- Mentor and train direct reports of one or more staff members.
- Drive process improvements and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly and annual closes, and internal controls.
- Assist with annual audit and tax requests to ensure filings are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support management on ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
What We'll Expect From You
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written client facing communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Able to handle stress well, be humble and scrappy
Nice To Have
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred.
- Accounting experience in a Software as a Service environment.
- High level of familiarity with Intacct and Looker software.
Whats Important To Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!