Product Manager, Developer Experience
Remote or NYC /
Product + Design – Product /
Are you passionate about providing developers with a first-class integration experience? Do you enjoy learning how to use APIs to build complex applications, and are you super organized so that you can design a long-term product roadmap to support the company’s business goals?
We are looking for a Product Manager, Developer Experience to join our Product & Design team. You will work cross-functionally with designers, engineers, and our partnerships team to enhance the end-to-end development experience for enterprise partners who integrate to our digital ordering platform. You will play a critical role in accelerating partner developer productivity, minimizing integration time to market, and helping us scale from hundreds to thousands of live integrations and beyond. If you have deep empathy for developers and thrive in a culture of ownership and innovation then this role is for you.
What You'll Be Doing
- Contribute to ongoing definition, prioritization and planning of the Developer Experience product roadmap, incorporating product innovations, partner feedback, and business initiatives
- Identify opportunities to streamline the integration process for partner developers
- Work closely with our Partnerships Team and partner developers to deeply understand the problems and pain points that create friction for partner developers
- Create detailed product specifications and/or UX mock-ups, in conjunction with our Product Design team, and the engineering team when kicking off new feature projects.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the product, ensuring that product updates achieve desired goals
- Work closely with Olo technology partners and affiliates to ensure effective collaboration
- Define KPIs for new products and features, which would include A/B testing, and the incorporation of results into product roadmap
- Conduct frequent partner outreach initiatives to identify system innovations that would solve problems for developers
- Conduct competitive research in the developer experience space to inform the product roadmap
- Work closely with the Developer Experience team to create and promote adherence to standards for documentation and onboarding
What We'll Expect From You
- You love the idea of helping developers build applications that let customers order ahead and Skip the Line™ at restaurant chains around the country! You understand that none of this is possible unless developers have the ability to easily ship engaging, usable ecommerce applications.
- You’re familiar with RESTful APIs, JSON, Webhooks, OAuth, and you’re comfortable using API development tools like Postman for testing
- You are comfortable working with enterprise customers to enhance their experience integrating to APIs that support restaurant operations
- You have demonstrated the ability to work across an entire organization, from the CEO to the Principal Architect to Customer Support to Sales.
- You can clearly articulate plans for the next few weeks, as well as the longer-view product vision.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the Product Manager role, or comparable experience as a developer or in a developer-facing capacity, for a software technology company that operates in an Agile process framework.
- You have worked directly with an Engineering team to build project plans and timelines and manage against those timelines to ensure that you ship the right products at the right time with the right quality.
- You are a creative problem solver who can understand and process the challenges from all parts of the business and what they face in meeting their goals.
- You are passionate about creating and optimizing processes, systems, and workflows.
- You have a functional understanding of software development (maybe you were an engineer in a previous life) and are able to “dive into the details” to understand complex technical challenges.
- Your writing and communication skills are strong; you can convey ideas clearly and concisely. Likewise, you can deliver a compelling presentation that helps to align and influence key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have
- Experience enhancing or building the developer experience from scratch at a SaaS company
- Experience in product management for a technical product at a start-up or growth-stage company
- Basic fluency in programming languages and/or database management skills
- Experience building applications for restaurant brands or SaaS companies in the restaurant technology industry
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!