Remote or NYC /
Product + Design – Design /
We are looking for a highly motivated Front End UI Developer with deep experience in developing and managing design systems and SaaS application development. We want people who are passionate about customer experience, visual design, and striving for meticulous code and pixel perfection.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will partner with Product Designers and Researchers on the Product Design Team to design, test, and develop an atomic design system for Olo’s products. You will also partner with a very experienced team of front-end and full-stack developers on the Engineering Team to integrate the front-end experience with the application’s backend.
As the front-end engineer on the design team, you will be a unicorn and have the opportunity to help shape the front-end experience across Olo’s products, codify best practices, and coordinate the front-end integration process to assure Olo delivers the highest quality experience to its users. In sum, you will help us assure that the work of UX research and design is implemented with the highest degree of fidelity and technical soundness and creativity.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in the design & development process for new and existing experiences.
- Partner with designers to develop the atomic design system and coordinate its use among our engineering team.
- Research and document best practices and guidelines for the front-end experience.
- Own the Quality Assurance phase that connects design to implementation.
- Partner with Olo engineering and QE teams.
- Provide technical expertise.
- Participate in the ideation and creation of prototypes.
- Maintaining solid relationships with cross-functional peers.
- Advocate for UX design principles and guidelines.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Desire to develop empathy for users of our products
- Driven to deliver experiences rather than features
- Obsessive about pixel perfect quality and details
- Proven expertise developing atomic design systems
- Knowledge with UX design principles, processes, and best practices
- Experience building ADA compliant user interfaces that put users first and look and feel awesome to use
- Knowledge of ES6/ES2015+ and frameworks such as Ember and React
- Deep understanding of cross browser and cross platform rendering and performance issues
- Experience building with visualization libraries such D3js
- Keep up to date with current trends and best practices in front-end development
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Frontend Developer
- Working knowledge of tools such as AWS, GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Sumo Logic, Datadog, and New Relic.
- Passion for learning new skills and technologies
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- BS degree in a technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have
- Has read Don Norman’s Design of Everyday Things
- Experience with Design Thinking methodologies and rapid prototyping
- Experience with Storybook.js
- Experience with tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Invision DSM
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!