Cloud Ops Engineer (Remote, USA)
New York, NY /
Platform Engineering – Platform Operations /
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen.
Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants' POS systems and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is an exciting engineering challenge.
You'll join our Cloud Operations Team, responsible for keeping Olo's food ordering and delivery systems running reliably and securely. You will report to the Engineering Manager of Cloud Operations. Our DevOps-oriented team uses Infrastructure-as-Code with automation wherever possible.
Any engineer may work anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote.
What You'll Do
- Build virtual infrastructure in cloud platforms (AWS preferred) using IaC (Terraform, Ansible, git).
- Administer Windows Server roles such as Active Directory, WSUS, and DNS.
- Webserver configuration management (IIS/Nginx, SSL certificates).
- Patch operating systems like Windows Server and Linux.
- Patch third-party tools and security related vulnerabilities.
- Configure Load Balancers, VPCs, and Security Groups.
- Troubleshoot network latency, service outages, and infrastructure problems.
- Monitor all systems for uptime and security (DataDog, SumoLogic).
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Resolve or escalate production issues to development teams.
- Help ensure company-wide cloud best practices to optimize our AWS footprint.
What We'll Expect From You
- Mid-Level and Senior positions available.
- Experience administering a mission critical production level 24/7 web application.
- In-depth working experience with cloud services (AWS/Azure/GCP/etc.) and APIs.
- Solid cloud networking knowledge, VPCs, Security Groups, Load Balancers.
- Comfortable in your scripting tool of choice - PowerShell, Python, Bash.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, automation (CI/CD), and Infrastructure as Code.
- Windows Server knowledge, including IIS, Active Directory, Windows Server Performance Monitor, and Windows Networking.
- Linux Server Knowledge.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand's own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee's, Checkers & Rally's, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!