Remote or NYC /
People + Culture – Recruiting/Talent /
Olo is looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our People + Culture team and help us grow our Engineering, Product, Design, and Development teams in New York and across the country. This role will be instrumental in supporting Olo’s rapid scale.
We want people who are passionate about candidate experience, enabling our leaders, and ensuring we remain focused on quality of hire.
The Technical Recruiter is responsible for hiring a world class group of engineers, product managers, and technical professionals that help Olo hit its goals. Ideal candidates are excited to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and team-oriented environment.
As a member of the People + Culture team, you will partner with hiring managers to understand and anticipate their team's upcoming needs and priorities and how they fit into the organization as a whole. You will manage the entire recruiting process from role development to sourcing and closing, and ensure a high quality experience for all candidates. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote the Olo brand in the appropriate engineering and development communities, ensure we attract the best professionals, and teach others how to level up their hiring expertise. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of knowledge to the team to help inform recruiting best practices, candidate management, as well as help provide mentorship to other team members.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. Olo’s HQ is in NYC.
What You'll Be Doing
- Facilitate the lifecycle of a candidate ensuring a positive experience, from the first touch through a transition to onboarding including writing technical job descriptions, sourcing and interacting with candidates, administering code tests, coordinating with internal partners, and finally closing the candidate.
- Coordinate with hiring managers and vertical leaders to forecast and facilitate hiring needs.
- Source potential candidates on well-known (LinkedIn) and niche platforms (Stack Overflow, Github) while continually managing pipelines.
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities.
- Guide teams on interview and hiring best practices such as structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions.
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates.
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with tech professionals.
- Actively strive to increase diversity in hiring through networking and building relationships with diversity organizations in tech.
- Compose job offer letters.
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products.
- Leverage data to identify areas of improvement and provide recommendations to team members and key stakeholders.
- Manage high volume of roles at one time by leveraging current systems such as Lever, LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, and more.
What We'll Expect From You
- A passion for continual improvement.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources Management, IT, or other relevant subject matter.
- Proven experience delivering consistent results as a Technical Recruiter, ideally in-house or as a recruitment partner.
- Successful track record of partnering with hiring managers to create desired outcomes.
- Experience with sourcing, pitching and closing candidates.
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for technical roles.
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems and resume databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation.
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!