Database Administrator (Remote, USA)
New York, NY /
Platform Engineering – Platform Operations /
As a member of our Database Operations team, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will work with our software development teams to focus on designing and deploying database solutions to support large volumes of data transactions. This role is integral to ensuring our databases are available, have capacity in place, and are resilient across multiple cloud regions.
Olo is a remote-first company, offering all full-time employees the option to work from anywhere in the U.S. Additionally, our NYC office will remain available for those that prefer to go in.
What You'll Do
- Build, administer, tune, and support database systems in a high-scale, high-availability enterprise environment.
- Ensure the availability, reliability, performance, and security of our data and database systems through proactive monitoring and alerting.
- Automate routine tasks such as backups, restores, consistency checks, and index maintenance.
- Analyze system resource requirements and usage, and implement cost-efficient solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop, review, and deploy well-written and performant database code, with a focus on optimizing for efficiency and scalability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to gather requirements, plan, and execute projects such as product releases, database migrations, and system upgrades.
- Contribute to documentation of team processes and database engineering guidelines, patterns, and best practices.
- Participate in a sustainable 24/7 on-call rotation.
What We'll Expect From You
- Experience provisioning and tuning RDBMS such as Microsoft SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL in a cloud-based enterprise environment.
- Experience with high availability technologies such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Multi-AZ deployments.
- Experience defining, implementing, documenting, and rehearsing disaster recovery plans.
- Experience providing 24/7 support for enterprise-grade production systems.
- Experience developing, reviewing, and deploying database code utilizing source control and CI/CD workflows.
- Experience scaling database systems horizontally (e.g. sharding, load balancing).
- Experience managing systems with strict compliance requirements (e.g. SOC, PCI, SOX).
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Experience supporting document store or wide column store NoSQL databases.
- Experience supporting data warehouses such as Amazon Redshift or Snowflake.
- Experience with scripting technologies and managing infrastructure-as-code.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand's own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee's, Checkers & Rally's, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!