Technical Specialist - Menu
Remote or NYC /
Customer – Specialist /
At the core of all Olo brands is their menu. We’re looking for someone who can work closely with brands to configure menus that promote a smooth customer experience while maintaining operational efficiency for store employees.
The Technical Specialist plays a crucial role in Olo’s Customer Success Team by working directly with our customers to provide expert-level support and customer success. A successful Technical Specialist will work with our customers to understand their unique goals and business processes, providing expert knowledge to help our clients, and Olo, evolve.
The ideal candidate will be driven to find creative solutions for our customers, have a focus on providing great hospitality, and constantly strive to improve our product and processes.
What You'll Be Doing
- Serve as a knowledge expert for a range of Olo products and how they relate to Menu Management.
- Provide ongoing support and engagement to customers as they adopt, use and manage their online menu.
- Manage and maintain favorable, long-term relationships by working on creative solutions to presented problems.
- Use analytical skills to understand Olo's developing product offerings as they relate to our customers’ dynamic business and technology needs.
- Work closely with our product team to advocate for new product feature requests and ensure customer feedback is incorporated into roadmap development decisions.
- Understand each customer’s organizational dynamics and engage with decision makers to discover core initiatives; help customers achieve goals by leveraging Olo’s suite of products and services.
- Identify and develop multi-level relationships with key decision makers and decision influencers to ensure retention and relationship stability.
- Liaise between customer, internal departments and partners to provide clear and accurate program guidance for customers.
- Report bugs to our DEV team and work with our Engineering teams to resolve customer issues as soon as possible.
- Execute customer-facing documentation to provide training and communicate product enhancements on a regular basis.
What We'll Expect From You
- 1-3 years experience managing midsize enterprise customers or relevant project management work.
- Avid interest in the restaurant technology industry and customer service.
- Passion for creating an excellent customer experience and a strong interest in advocating for clients.
- Strong project management skills and experience leveraging internal resources and external stakeholders to execute against deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and tactfully articulate problems and resolutions.
- Ability to adapt to evolving products as you contribute to their performance and efficacy.
- Excel knowledge to easily manage vast amounts of data.
- Ability to work independently when needed, as well as collaborate across multiple teams.
- Top-notch communication, writing and presentation skills, and the ability to educate clients on operational best practices to increase program performance.
- Ability to provide feedback on internal processes and best practices to continually improve the customer experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
Nice to Have
- Experience using tools such as Jira
- Experience using ticketing systems like Zendesk to direct and control the processing and resolution of customer support issues.
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!