Project Manager Internal Systems & Software
Remote or NYC /
Operations – Operations /
Olo, the leading provider of white-label software to the restaurant industry, is looking for a Project Manager Internal Systems & Software. This role will help manage and lead the Internal Systems and Software initiatives across the company.
You will work cross-functionally with our group leaders to source and deploy software utilized by the business. You will translate the needs and desires of our groups into tactical and detailed road maps that facilitate effective deployment of software across the enterprise. You will work with each team to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate on-going progress. You will facilitate and support time-sensitive key strategic and tactical decisions by framing the decisions appropriately and ensuring that information is complete and clearly communicated. The candidate should not only have strong people management, but also engineering process development and implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Program Management. The ideal candidate is a professional who is a program or project manager for a company that has deployed multiple enterprise-class software applications, has led teams, and has experience with remote employees and teams.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with leaders and managers to translate top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables.
- Work with cross-functional leaders and finance to define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget).
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times.
- Define and manage process and regular meetings.
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments.
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are on-going within the engineering teams.
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks.
- Lead by example, demonstrating principal-level technical project and program management expertise.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Program manage various initiatives across multiple teams, taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Lead alignment meetings to address tactical release issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, and milestones.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Provide monthly program reviews and updates at sprint reviews (deep dive into current state of project goals, risks, escalations).
What We'll Expect From You
- Minimum 5 years of technical program management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment.
- BS or MS degree (ideally in Computer Science or Software Engineering).
- Experience deploying Salesforce.com, accounting software (Intacct preferred), etc.
- Knowledge of the order-to-cash cycle and the deployment of software and services that touch that cycle.
- Experience starting and managing cross-organizational programs.
- Proven change management experience - able to successfully roll-out operational / process changes, addressing feedback, and achieving adoption.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills - able to successfully influence without authority.
- Self-starter - able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Knowledge of online tools - Jira, Confluence, Github, and others.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!