Site Reliability Engineer
Remote or NYC /
Platform Engineering – Site Reliability /
Olo is experiencing tremendous growth and as we enhance our platform to support increased demand, it must be positioned for continued stability, reliability and resiliency. Reporting to the Engineering Manager of Site Reliability, the Site Reliability Engineer will partner with Engineering and Product Managers to learn, improve system availability and sharpen our execution skills to provide an amazing experience for our customers. All of Olo's openings are open for remote workers that are US based.
What You'll Do
- Guide observability and SLIs/SLOs to Incident Response to postmortems and follow-up actions.
- Implement and tailor our incident response tools to minimize outage durations.
- Build collaborative monitoring solutions with members across multiple product teams.
- Contribute insights across teams to help us improve or re-architect existing systems to support scale, performance and extensibility.
- Rethink our observability tooling to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
- Analyze and mature our processes around Incident Response, Observability, Postmortems and Predictive Monitoring.
- Influence an engineering culture of reliability, observability, and availability.
- Mentor engineering teams through game days, SRE boot camps and other training and feedback channels.
What We'll Expect From You
- 3+ years of professional experience building scalable, efficient, and resilient systems.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, Sumo Logic, Raygun, New Relic or similar.
- Fluency in Incident Management using tools such as FireHydrant, OpsGenie, PagerDuty, VictorOps or similar.
- Experience with build and deploy tools (ie. Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, or CircleCI).
- Prior hands-on software development experience.
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration frameworks.
- Expertise in guiding Incident Response, regarding both process and tooling.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand's own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee's, Checkers & Rally's, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!