Software Engineer - Full Stack
Palo Alto, CA
All applicants must have at least 3 years of non-internship, full-time experience in industry.
At Omniscience, we are building a platform to transform the insurance industry. We are a Machine Learning first company, building business systems from the ground up based on a broad range of AI and traditional technologies including Deep Learning, Decision Trees, NLP, and Rule Systems, all with explainability built in.
As a full stack engineer you will be part the challenge of making machine learning systems intuitive and effective for our business users. While traditional enterprise software applications are focused on people performing specific tasks, an AI-first system is more of a supervisory system where domain experts guide the ML systems to perform tasks on their behalf.
Our perfect coworker is smart, self-directed, live-and-breathe the cutting edge of technology and passionate about breaking into new markets. It’s critical that you are comfortable working on the cloud, can work in a self-learning manner and research the latest technologies. You should also know how to manage your time effectively and prioritize tasks. Sound like you? Please apply!
- Build services and applications that are business systems powered by Machine Learning
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- You will partner with product managers, designers, and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- Produce high quality code that conforms to style and approaches in the organization
- You have a passion about modern web and ios/android application development, familiar with established industry standards, and curious about new frameworks and technologies
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding), or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with full stack software engineering
- Experience with Java and frameworks like SpringBoot
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Proficiency with browser developer tools
- A strong sense of quality and robustness
- Agility and the flexibility to adapt
- Uncompromising integrity
- Collaborative style
- Tenacity and resolve
As an equal opportunity employer, Omniscience does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We do not accept resumes from head-hunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.