Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
At Omniscience, we are building a platform to transform the insurance industry. We are a Machine Learning first company, building business systems from the ground up based on a broad range of AI and traditional technologies including Deep Learning, DecisionTrees, NLP, and Rules, all with explainability built-in.
As an NLP Engineer you will lead the challenge of extracting relevant knowledge from some of the more complex situations including medical records and financial disclosures. Adding to the challenge is the need for multiple languages including Japanese and Chinese.
Our perfect coworker is smart, self-directed, live-and-breathe the cutting edge of technology and passionate about breaking into new markets. It’s critical that you are comfortable working on the cloud, can work in a self-learning manner and research the latest technologies. You should also know how to manage your time effectively and prioritize tasks. Sound like you? Please apply!
- Research, evaluate, and suggest the best technologies for the Omni platform
- Identify performance metrics and define success criteria
- Coordinate among developers and product managers to ensure system integrity
- Produce high quality code that conforms to style and approaches in the organization
- Speak up when something is missing, could be done better, or if you are unsure
Qualifications and Requirements
- MS/BS in Computer Science, PhD is preferred
- 2 years experience in the field of NLP
- Experience with NLP use in Enterprise Software is greatly preferred
- Experience with Python, Spark and AWS/Azure environments
Omniscience is a fast-growing startup that is well funded by the venture community. We are a company building the next generation of business systems from the ground up with AI and traditional technologies. We are a team of experts, each in our respective specialty with a unified goal of creating the next generation of AI driven business systems.
As an equal opportunity employer, Omniscience does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We do not accept resumes from head-hunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.