Customer Support Associate/Specialist (Spanish)
Residential Operations – Team Love /
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, and are a remote first organization.
The Customer Support Associate/Specialist will help Omnidian deliver a fantastic customer experience so that we can provide peace of mind to current homeowners and create a model for solar to become fully mainstream in America. We call that Solar Without Fear.
We are currently accepting new applications only for candidates who are bilingual in Spanish.
Why You'd Join
You're inspired to help solar go mainstream. You dream of working at a company that treats everyone with dignity and respect. You're tired of outdated management philosophies that view you as either a robot or a child. You are a passionate, talented, hardworking person who wants to get their foot in the door. You're looking for a next step that opens up years of opportunities and can change your career and your life. You're undervalued in your current role, and you know with a supportive team and growing company you can do great things.
Our customer and technical support team (aka Team Love) is our main internal talent pool at Omnidian. Since we mentor and invest in our employees and prioritize them for positions, joining this team gives you the chance to chart your own course. Here's are career track within customer support:
Additionally, over the last few years, our Team Love alums have joined the following teams:
-Technical Support (troubleshooting solar systems)
-Portfolio Operations (interacting with clients)
-Field Service Network (managing our nationwide service team)
-Commercial Operations (managing massive solar systems)
-Client Success (onboarding new clients)
-Financial Operations (getting our customers paid)
-Business Intelligence (designing efficient processes)
In fact, our team's alums were the second hires (after the initial Director/VP) in every single one of these teams, and three of these teams are now managed directly by our alums.
So yes, you'll be answering phones and providing customer service, but that's just the beginning.
What You'll Do
- 75% On Phones
- Triage inbound phone calls by greeting the homeowner, answering their basic questions, and transferring to a Tier 2 "Solar Expert" if necessary (45%)
- Between phone calls, respond to email and voicemails (and eventually chat) in with the help of templates, or marking as Tier 2 if necessary (30%)
- Preference for early birds or Midwesterners/East Coasters who can gladly take the 7a-9a PT shifts
- 25% Off Phones
- Resolve prior homeowner interactions as necessary and finish clearing our your assigned queues (10%)
- Participating in inclusive, transparent and democratic team meetings (5%)
- Engage in ongoing formal and informal training and mentoring to increase your knowledge and skill (5%)
- When phones are light, complete additional projects as the need and opportunity arise (5%)
- Our hours are 7a-5p PT/10a-8p ET Mon-Fri, and 8a-5p PT/11a-8p ET Sat/Sun.
- You'll work 40 hours per week within that range.
- Candidates who are willing to work an adjusted Sun-Thu or Tue-Sat schedule will be prioritized.
Who You Are
- You are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience
- You seek to understand other’s point of view
- You can deliver tough news clearly and compassionately
- You enjoy adapting and strive for mastery in a job
- Your written and verbal communication is clear, concise and articulate. You take detailed and efficient notes
- You proactively identify process improvement opportunities with a bias for action
- You can balance the voice of the client while balancing the financial impact to the organization
- You speak Spanish on a native level (bonus)
Education and Experience
- Associate Role:
- At least 1 year of customer service experience and
- At least 4 years combined of post-high school education, national service or professional experience
- Specialist Role:
- At least 5 years of customer service experience and
- At least 10 years combined of post-high school education, national service or professional experience
Work-Life at Omnidian
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative workspace in the heart of downtown Seattle
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical leave, transit and 401(k)
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a bonus and equity for every employee
- We are dog lovers and our offices and many of our events are dog-friendly
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust
- Associate: $40k ($19.24/hr)
- Specialist: $45k ($21.65/hr)
- Eligible for 1.5x overtime
- Up to 15% bonus, paid quarterly, based on company success and individual impact
- 100% monthly insurance premiums for employee paid by Omnidian (50% for dependents)
- $500/year learning reimbursement stipend
- $250 one-time remote office set up reimbursement stipend
- Stock options
$40,000 - $51,750 a year
Salary Band and Philosophy:
-Midpoints are $40k for the Associate role and $45k for the Specialist role (paid hourly at ($19.23/21.63). The full salary range is up to 15% higher than the midpoint.
-We place candidates within the band based on professional experience rather than negotiating skills as part of our overall effort to promote fair and equitable pay.
-If you're a high potential candidate that needs additional training and support, we're willing to bring you below the midpoint and invest in your success. If you're a candidate with particularly deep experience and expertise, we're willing to bring you in above the midpoint. Most candidates will come in at the midpoint, and all employees have the ability to move up in their band through annual merit increases (and move to the next band through promotions).
Additional Compensation & Benefits
-Up to 15% bonus, paid quarterly, starting after 90 days for new employees and based on company success and individual contribution
-100% of health insurance monthly premiums paid for employees, and 50% health insurance premiums covered for dependents
-Up to $500 annual learning reimbursement
We’re a fast-growing startup, which means we’re constantly reinventing processes, adding new products, and asking people to use all of their skills and talents. We have big plans, and with the climate crisis we can’t afford to take it too slowly. That means there’s going to be a lot of opportunities for you to grow, which also means you will likely be stretched in ways you’ve never experienced in a job before.
We are committed to providing our team members with compassionate and effective managers, support for a healthy work-life balance, free or discounted mental health benefits, a loving and inclusive atmosphere where you can be yourself, and thoughtful policies that ensure you’re treated with dignity and respect not only by colleagues but also from customers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.