Seattle, Washington /
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, and are a remote first organization.
As a self-motivated senior level accountant, you will drive accurate financial data in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment, elevating existing processes across all aspects of accounting here at Omnidian. Partnering with our Accounting Manager, this position will allow you to quickly grow into a position of business partner where you will be looked upon for guidance from an accounting and operational standpoint. The ideal candidate should have solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and experience with full cycle accounting inclusive of complex revenue recognition accounting, financial reporting, best in class systems, and controls. This role will be highly collaborative with business partners across Omnidian’s Finance, Sales, Product, and Operations teams.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor, reconcile, and analyze revenue, deferred revenue, unbilled AR, cost of sales, and commissions for multiple business streams
- Own all cash and credit card accounting processes across the business inclusive of review, processing, reconciliation, and compliance
- Prepare complex journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to drive our monthly accounting close process
- Support ongoing efforts to optimize system use, driving efficiencies in our order to cash and financial reporting processes
- Lead semi-monthly payroll processing
- Assist Accounting Manager with sales tax compliance
- Play a critical role in annual financial audit
Who You Are
- ARTful: accountable, respectful, and transparent
- Bias for action based on an analytical approach
- Passionate about continuous improvement and best practices
- 3-5+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience in B2B company with complex contracts and/or percentage of completion accounting and inter-company transactions
- Full base salary range $72,250-$97,750
- Up to 15% bonus, paid quarterly
- Salary Band and Philosophy: We place candidates within the band based on professional experience, not negotiating skills, as part of our overall effort to avoid gender pay discrepancy.
- If you're a high potential candidate that needs additional training and support, we're willing to bring you below the midpoint and invest in your success. If you're a candidate with particularly deep experience and expertise, we're willing to bring you in above the midpoint. Most candidates will come in at the midpoint, and all employees have the ability to move up in their band through annual merit increases (and move to the next band through promotions).
- 100% of health insurance monthly premiums paid for employees, and 50% health insurance premiums covered for dependents
- Stock options
- Up to $500 annual learning reimbursement
Work-Life at Omnidian
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative workspace in the heart of downtown Seattle
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical leave, transit and 401(k)
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a bonus and equity for every employee
- We are dog lovers and our offices and many of our events are dog-friendly
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.