Senior UI/UX Designer
San Francisco, California
Omni Labs gives anyone the power to automate away all of their repetitive work inside the web browser.
There hasn't been a fundamental change in the way people access the web for 25 years. We've grown comfortable staring through a fixed window into the Internet that doesn't offer much more than saving our passwords and cookies. Imagine that you never had to do the same thing twice and could automate all of your repetitive tasks on demand. This augmented web browsing experience is the future of work.
Based in SF and backed by the valley's top investors and operators, we're an early stage team with ambitions to fundamentally change how we leverage the Internet. We're looking for an extremely talented UI/UX designer to help us on our mission to automate the world's knowledge graph so no one has to do the same thing twice again.
Design and UX is everything for this product. It carries the burden of educating users on how to think about automation in a way that feels native to how they currently browse the web. This is the first time they will see anything like this, and we get the opportunity to deliver an incredibly mind-blowing experience.
As a core team member, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading visual design across multiple customer facing products
- Creating everything from UI assets to UX workflows
- Working with user feedback to mold how we think about and present our automation framework
- Defining and maintaining our design system for entire Omni brand
- Intimately understanding the user journey and highlighting opportunities to improve UX
- Work with engineering to understand the edge of what's technically possible
- Working with a UI engineer to rapidly prototype your designs
- Coming up with a completely new way to visualize automation usage data
- Moving into a mentor and leadership position as we continue aggressively growing out the design team
- a strong background in user behavior and design theory
- expertise in modern prototyping and graphic design tools
- a desire to take complex concepts and distill them down to their simplest form
- experience leveraging strong systems thinking skills to solve difficult problems
- empathy for the everyday, non-technical user
We're helping people remove the parts of their job they hate the most. If you're someone who's obsessed with solving huge problems and wants to sing for the fences, apply below or get in touch (email@example.com)!