Application Support Engineer
Field Engineering – Customer Success /
Our mission at OmniSci is to make analytics instant, powerful, and effortless for everyone. The OmniSci platform is used in business and government to find insights in data beyond the limits of mainstream analytics tools. Harnessing the massive parallelism of modern CPU and GPU hardware, the platform is available in the cloud and on-premise. OmniSci originated from research at Harvard and MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). Now, our platform is transforming the way enterprises and governments make decisions by allowing them to interactively query, visualize, and power data science workflows over billions of records.
We are seeking an Application Support Engineer to add to our Customer Success Team. In this role, you will have the biggest impact on how clients experience OmniSci by solving their big data analytics challenges and ensuring SLAs are met. Successful candidates will have previous experience handling complex data manipulation challenges for clients, including ETL, database optimization and data visualization. You will often be the primary and most frequent contact they rely upon when solving their big data analytics challenges. Your ability to quickly assess and identify technical issues will be of paramount significance, as will your ability to resolve them or suggest workarounds. In order to do so, you must make it a priority to proactively master all facets of the OmniSci product suite. Throughout the process, employing the appropriate bedside manner and related soft skills, are how you will exceed client expectations.
As part of the broader Customer Success Team, you may also participate in conducting training sessions and professional service engagements. As a result of your efforts, you will produce field-developed utilities and technical notes which will benefit many other OmniSci departments including sales, marketing, and product management. OmniSci Application Support Engineers are instrumental to the customer journey and growth of the company.
Our Headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA and this position will initially report to the VP, Field Engineering. This position will be remote with a preference for candidates located in the U.S. and/or Asia. This ole and will be involved in the management and oversight of a global team, that will be expected to manage 24-7 coverage.
- Obtain a deep understanding of OmniSci’s technology and be willing to learn new technologies as needed.
- Articulate OmniSci’s value proposition to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with prospects and clients in a way that leaves them feeling appreciated and valued.
- Solve complex technical challenges related to the OmniSci suite of products, and provide architectural guidance related to big data analytics.
- Help with SQL and performance implications.
- Work closely with the product management and engineering teams to align client requirements with future product enhancements.
- Maintain deep understanding of the big data and analytics ecosystem and how to position OmniSci in relation to other technologies.
- Diagnose and reproduce customers’ technical issues quickly and in an expedient manner while trying to get to root cause analysis.
- Be flexible with work hours to cover Support SLA commitments.
- You have 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a Solutions Architect or Help Desk/Support Engineer doing Tier 1 or Tier 2 support work.
- You have a strong working knowledge of SQL for query optimization.
- You have hands-on experience with Linux file system.
- You are familiar with and have experience with common BI and data exploration tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlik, Microstrategy, Spotfire, etc.).
- You have an understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to BI and analytics tools (preferred).
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- You are proactive, work independently and are eager to learn new technologies.
- You have a genuine passion for technology and innovation, with the ability to find innovative solutions to solve technical challenges.
- You are a strong communicator, team player, and problem solver with a positive attitude.
- You excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- You are excited about OmniSci’s mission and values (Technological Leadership, Ownership, Humility, Be Different, and Day One Attitude).
Since launching our product in 2016, OmniSci has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a Top Ten Coolest Big Data Startups by CRN, and is experiencing explosive growth in users and customers. The company is backed by leading VCs and strategic investors, including NEA, Nvidia, GV (Google), In-Q-Tel, Tiger Global Management, Verizon Ventures and Vanedge Capital.
Unsolicited Resumes: OmniSci will not pay a fee to any employment agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this, or any, open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of our Executive team or the Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of OmniSci and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.
OmniSci is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.