Software Engineer - Frontend
Remote or Bay Area /
Engineering – Frontend /
Our mission at OmniSci is to make analytics instant, powerful, and effortless for everyone. The OmniSci platform is used in business and government to find insights in data beyond the limits of mainstream analytics tools. Harnessing the massive parallelism of modern CPU and GPU hardware, the platform is available in the cloud and on-premise. OmniSci originated from research at Harvard and MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). Now, our platform is transforming the way enterprises and governments make decisions by allowing them to interactively query, visualize, and power data science workflows over billions of records.
We’re big fans of hiring people who are not just great at what they do but also how they do it. Critical to our culture is building and maintaining a team that works well together and knows how to communicate effectively - not just within their own team, but also across peripheral teams.
We don’t believe in divas or rock stars. We are looking for someone who embodies the best parts of open-source culture: Humility, open-mindedness, positivity, and respect for others. A developer who doesn’t try to single-handedly save the day but embraces input and collaboration as a means to find the best solution.
Your success in this role will be predicated on your ability to prioritize your work, be self-motivated and a self-starter, to speak up early and often, and to work well with others. You should be passionate about building great software, and about building a product that is slated to revolutionize the world of data analytics across multiple industries. We’re great at encouraging our people to learn different technologies, continue their professional growth, and try out new ways of doing things. We’re in it for the long-haul, and you should be too.
Our office is located in downtown San Francisco, and this position will report to the VP of Product Development and Engineering. This position was be a remote, contract position.
- Five years of professional work experience as a Software Engineer - Frontend or Fullstack Engineer
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Previous experience working with typical Agile development workflows and working in sprints
- Willingness to work on existing codebase without insisting on reinventing the wheel
- Willingness and ability to prioritize working on current code and staying focused with task on hand for the purpose of meeting deadlines and project deliverables
- Proven previous experience solving complex challenges of architecture, user interactions, and data flow and management in a large, data-driven enterprise application with several cross-cutting concerns
- Proven experience communicating with diplomacy and respect. Ego and attitude should be checked at the door
- Ability to collaborate with empathy and positive intent
- Examples of coding projects on Github or other publicly available repositories
- Experience with D3 or other visual analytics frameworks
- Experience with geospatial visualizations (Mapbox, Mapboxgl, Leaflet, PostGIS, D3 geo)
- Experience shipping and supporting enterprise code
- Involvement in open source projects and/or passion projects
Since launching our product in 2016, OmniSci has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a Top Ten Coolest Big Data Startups by CRN, and is experiencing explosive growth in users and customers. The company is backed by leading VCs and strategic investors, including NEA, Nvidia, GV (Google), In-Q-Tel, Tiger Global Management, Verizon Ventures and Vanedge Capital.
Unsolicited Resumes: OmniSci will not pay a fee to any employment agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this, or any, open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of our Executive team or the Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of OmniSci and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.
OmniSci is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.