Site Reliability Engineer
Remote or Bay Area /
Engineering – Security /
Our mission at OmniSci is to make analytics instant, powerful, and effortless for everyone. The OmniSci platform is used in business and government to find insights in data beyond the limits of mainstream analytics tools. Harnessing the massive parallelism of modern CPU and GPU hardware, the platform is available in the cloud and on-premise. OmniSci originated from research at Harvard and MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). Now, our platform is transforming the way enterprises and governments make decisions by allowing them to interactively query, visualize, and power data science workflows over billions of records.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our customer and internal systems are available, secure, and reliable. We believe that customers (internal or external) should never be telling us we have an issue, and if they do then we should already know about it. To achieve this we believe in full service visibility and alerting, and that that managing infrastructure should be about managing codified automation rather than managing systems – this is not a “System Administrator” role. You will be responsible for championing and upholding that vision along with the rest of the operations team along with the continuous improvement of the infrastructure (both Cloud and co-located), ensuring that delivered services are world-class.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA. This position is currently remote and will not require any supervisory responsibilities.
- Automating and optimizing OmniSci’s managed service and internal infrastructure
- Optimizing monitoring and alerting systems
- Design and develop tools to aid in improving infrastructure reliability
- Develop positive stakeholder experiences and outcomes
- Documenting systems, particularly tribal knowledge
- Managing and resolving incidents, conducting incident reviews, and managing problems
- Managing changes to systems
- Assisting with software builds and the build pipeline
Essential Technical Skills
- Security awareness
- CI Pipelines
Desirable Technical Skills
- Networking / Firewalls
- Nvidia GPUs
- GCP / Azure
- Big data analytics / data science ecosystems
- C++, Go, Node build environments
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience as a site reliability / devops engineer.
- A passion for continuous improvement
- Experience and track record of codifying and automating infrastructure in a production environment
- Demonstrable record of providing outstanding customer focused support
- Be proactive, work independently and eager to learn new technologies.
- A genuine passion for technology and innovation, with the ability to find innovative solutions to solve technical challenges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
Since launching our product in 2016, OmniSci has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a Top Ten Coolest Big Data Startups by CRN, and is experiencing explosive growth in users and customers. The company is backed by leading VCs and strategic investors, including NEA, Nvidia, GV (Google), In-Q-Tel, Tiger Global Management, Verizon Ventures and Vanedge Capital.
Unsolicited Resumes: OmniSci will not pay a fee to any employment agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this, or any, open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of our Executive team or the Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of OmniSci and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.
OmniSci is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.