Remote >> U.S. /
Field Engineering – Customer Success /
Our mission at OmniSci is to make analytics instant, powerful, and effortless for everyone. The OmniSci platform is used in business and government to find insights in data beyond the limits of mainstream analytics tools. Harnessing the massive parallelism of modern CPU and GPU hardware, the platform is available in the cloud and on-premise. OmniSci originated from research at Harvard and MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). Now, our platform is transforming the way enterprises and governments make decisions by allowing them to interactively query, visualize, and power data science workflows over billions of records.
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to add to our Customer Success team. As a Solutions Architect, you will be the trusted technical advisor that clients rely upon when evaluating and demonstrating how OmniSci solves their big data analytics challenges. You will serve as a product and industry expert, effectively architecting and implementing the solution while also educating clients for continued success. In order to do so, you must make it a priority to proactively master all facets of the OmniSci product suite in order to help solve some of the most complex data challenges at scale. As part of the broader Customer Success team, you may also participate in conducting training sessions, professional service engagements, and post sales relationship management. As a result of your technical efforts, you will produce field developed utilities and technical notes which will benefit many other OmniSci departments including sales, marketing, and product management. OmniSci consultants are instrumental to the customer journey and growth of the company.
We’re big fans of hiring people who are not just great at what they do, but also how they do it. Your success in this role will be predicated on your ability to prioritize your work, be self-motivated and a self-starter, to communicate effectively, and to work well with others - not just within their own team, but also across peripheral teams.
Our HQ office is located in downtown San Francisco. This position is open to full-time remote work, based anywhere in the US. This position will report to the VP Field Engineering. This is an individual contributor role and will not manage other people.
- Obtain a deep understanding of OmniSci’s technology and be willing to learn new technologies as needed.
- Articulate MapD’s value proposition to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with prospects and clients in a way that leaves them feeling appreciated and valued.
- Solve complex technical challenges related to the MapD suite of products, and provide architectural guidance related to big data analytics.
- Help with SQL and performance implications.
- Assist and manage customer Support issues and escalations.
- Work closely with the product management and engineering teams to align client requirements with future product enhancements.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the big data and analytics ecosystem and how to position MapD in relation to other technologies.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience as a solutions architect or related technical role.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL for query optimization and data model design.
- Hands-on advanced experience with Linux.
- Advanced experience with a wide variety of analytics clients and data sources.
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to BI and analytics tools.
- Familiarity with most of the following: machine learning and related work flows, Python, Docker, Java, GPUs, and HPC.
- Geospatial or GIS experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
Since launching our product in 2016, OmniSci has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a Top Ten Coolest Big Data Startups by CRN, and is experiencing explosive growth in users and customers. The company is backed by leading VCs and strategic investors, including NEA, Nvidia, GV (Google), In-Q-Tel, Tiger Global Management, Verizon Ventures and Vanedge Capital.
Unsolicited Resumes: OmniSci will not pay a fee to any employment agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this, or any, open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of our Executive team or the Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of OmniSci and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.
OmniSci is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.