NYC and/or Remote /
Remote and/or In-Person
Onaroll is an employee rewards app that incentivizes productivity and longevity. Shift workers are the engine of our economy, powering restaurants, call centers, factories, and warehouses. We celebrate them.
We're a rapidly growing Series A company based in New York City backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Google's Gradient Ventures, and other top angel and institutional investors.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for architecting our systems, collaborating on the product roadmap, evangelizing best practices, and coaching, mentoring, and directing junior, mid-level, and senior engineers.
The initial functions of the role will be to build out a more robust shift worker experience, consolidate our internal tools into a platform that can be used by our customers, and investigate opportunities to improve our existing developer experience.
- Supporting the engineering efforts on our two consumer-facing teams.
- Pioneer efforts to scale our technical systems and ensure their long-term viability.
- Create engineering requirement documents in partnership with product leads and engineering leadership.
- Work with design, product, and business functions on new projects and efforts.
- 8+ years of consumer-facing application development.
- 5+ years of managing teams.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate and manage expectations of stakeholders.
- Proven leadership in building and maintaining complex systems.
Helpful Experiences and Background
- Python (Django), TypeScript (React), PostgreSQL
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Heroku, Vercel
- Datadog, Fullstory, Metabase, Salesforce, Twilio
- Education, Hospitality, Food, Media, Tech
- You are a former (or current) shift worker familiar with the joys and challenges of the work
💰 Competitive compensation packages
💊 100% coverage for high quality health, vision, and dental insurance
🏝 Unlimited vacation
💪 Monthly Fitness Stipend
🖥 Home Office Stipend
🏦 Company-sponsored 401K
🏰 A beautiful office (if that's your thing) with unparalleled views of Grand Central Station
💛 An energetic and motivated team based in New York, with the challenging, fun, and fulfilling opportunity to celebrate shift workers