Head of People & Culture
NYC and/or Remote /
People & Culture /
Onaroll is an employee rewards app that incentivizes productivity and longevity. Shift workers are the engine of our economy, powering restaurants, call centers, factories, and warehouses. We celebrate them.
We're a rapidly growing seed stage company based in New York City backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Coatue Management, Collaborative Fund, Founders Fund, and other top angel and institutional investors.
Onaroll seeks an energetic, forward-thinking, and collaborative Head of People & Culture. In partnership with the CEO, our Head of People & Culture will craft the context for our team to do the best work of their careers: a great day-to-day employee experience, powerful purpose and shared values, stunning colleagues, and meaningful challenges. We are building the best place to work, ever.
As one of our earliest hires - and our first People team member - you will have the opportunity to build Onaroll’s People practice from the ground up. You will act as a champion for company culture, help drive the company’s ethos and values, and design and lead strategies to hire, develop and retain our world-class talent.
- Advise and confer with the CEO and executive team on all aspects of people and culture
- Provide strategies, support, and guidance across the business on all people-related issues, including: recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development
- Establish scalable, lightweight, and progressive People policies and practices that serve the team, the business, and the mission
- Be a brand ambassador. Constantly communicate to staff, candidates, and to the world at large what makes Onaroll special and what makes us tick.
- Design a thoughtful, aerodynamic, end-to-end recruitment process that is efficient, scalable, and predictive of employee success
- Anticipate staffing needs, create and deliver on quarterly hiring plans
- Devise outreach and hiring strategies that broaden our talent pools
- Provide a proactive, solutions-oriented approach to all workplace issues and tensions
- Be the “go-to” source for employment law and compliance issues
- Host notable internal and external events that are inspirational and create community. These happenings can be educational, culturally relevant, or just flat-out fun.
- Create an inclusive culture that screams ‘everyone is welcome here’
- 8+ years People experience, with 3+ years with a company with a “People-first” ethos
- Successful track record working in a high-growth, early-stage startup
- A true generalist, with exposure to all aspects of People, Talent and HR
- Strategic thinker who is passionate about building a charismatic, values-driven culture
- An inspiring leader who is driven to produce results, including directly and eagerly owning the work wherever needed
- Highly skilled at project management; proven success working in a fast-paced environment and delivering against multiple work streams
- Strongly biased towards action and driven by a sense of urgency
- Committed to equitable and inclusive workplace practices
- Empathetic but able to be directive when appropriate
- A strong collaborator and relationship builder
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills (written, presentation, and verbal)
- Unimpeachable ethics, discretion, and an unerring sense of judgement
- Purposeful, optimistic, and confident presence with a sense of humor and a compelling point of view
💰 Competitive compensation packages
🏝 Unlimited vacation
💊 Quality health, vision, and dental insurance
🏰 A beautiful office (if that's your thing) with unparalleled views of Grand Central Station
💛 An energetic and motivated team based in New York, with the challenging, fun, and fulfilling opportunity to celebrate shift workers