Senior Software Engineer
NYC and/or Remote /
Onaroll is an employee rewards app that incentivizes productivity and longevity. Shift workers are the engine of our economy, powering restaurants, call centers, factories, and warehouses. We celebrate them.
We're a rapidly growing seed stage company based in New York City backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Coatue Management, Collaborative Fund, Founders Fund, and other top angel and institutional investors.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be primarily responsible for designing, building, and maintaining both the front and backend systems.
The initial primary functions of the role will be to build out a more robust shift worker experience, revolutionize a portal for store owners and managers, and integrate with third-party technology, such as point-of-sales systems, to help us better reward success.
- Build and use production-deployed APIs supporting Onaroll's technical products
- Integrate with third party services through a variety of APIs like REST, gRPC, etc
- Collect technical, product, and design requirements for current and future projects
- Work with design, product, and business functions on new projects and efforts
- 4+ years of production-facing application development (Note that we’re language agnostic, though we love Python for backend systems and TypeScript for frontend systems, like React or Vue)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building and maintaining a complex set of systems
- Experience working with product leads to deliver on time and on target
- Experience working with SQL or other data storage systems, like ORM, NoSQL, or others
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
Helpful Experiences and Background
- Django, or other Python framework such as Flask
- Heroku, AWS, or GCP
- Testing automation (CI/CD)
💰 Competitive compensation packages
🏝 Unlimited vacation
💊 Quality health, vision, and dental insurance
🏰 A beautiful office (if that's your thing) with unparalleled views of Grand Central Station
💛 An energetic and motivated team based in New York, with the challenging, fun, and fulfilling opportunity to celebrate shift workers