Sr. ML Engineer
SF Bay Area / Remote /
Seeing Through Cancer
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and diverse team in a transformative application of AI and machine learning to solving the most important problems in cancer care.
Onc.AI is a privately held digital health company developing a precision oncology care management platform that aims to transform clinical decision making. Onc.AI is backed by premier investment firms; The Blue Venture Fund, Accomplice, KdT Ventures, and Digitalis Ventures as well as prominent individual investors who are leaders in Enterprise SaaS, AI/drug-discovery, precision/medical oncology, and radiology.
Onc.AI is looking for a driven, results-oriented, and deeply experienced Principal Senior ML developer to work with our R&D team and our clinical and industrial partners. This role requires working with complex, hypothesis-driven problems that, if solved, will make clear and measurable differences in cancer care.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leverage your deep knowledge of ML and CV to build robust solutions that will positively impact clinical care in oncology
- Work effectively as a part of our R&D team and with our product team to help define and implement an ML strategy, roadmap, and clinical/industrial products
- Design, develop and maintain software in conformance with medical device standards, industry best practices and internal coding standards
- Become an expert in medical imaging (CT, PET, MRI) and medical data and their use in cancer diagnosis and treatment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or equivalent
- Master's or Ph.D. degree, or equivalent 5+ years industry experience
- Extensive ML and Computer Vision background ideal and/or a strong signal processing or stats/math background
- Strong software development and design skills. Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) Python
- Ability to drive an open-ended project to completion
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with medical imaging is a plus
- Passionate about healthcare and leveraging AI/ML to solve the most pressing problems in oncology
Benefits and Perks
> Competitive salary and benefits (including stock option plan, flexible vacation policy, parental leave)
> Remote-first & WFH setup allowance
> Generous healthcare/dental/vision plans and, for US-based employees, 401k, health and dependent care FSA
> In-person and virtual social gatherings
The requirements listed are guidelines - you don’t have to meet every qualification listed. If you are interested in joining our team, but don't see a role that is a fit, or do not think you meet the requirements for a position, please reach out and share what excites you about joining us!
Onc.AI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.