Talent Experience Associate, Employer Engagement Team
Talent Marketplaces /
TL;DR: Looking for someone who can wear multiple hats for our Employer Engagement Team. This role will primarily include sourcing terrific candidates for top startups, playing matchmaker between candidates and startups, as well as finding more startups to partner with. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below!
About On Deck
On Deck is a global community where ambitious, talented people start and scale companies and invest in their careers, among a cohort of their peers.
We're building a modern education institution: a platform serving the many strands of identity of ambitious people who want to change the world. You can think of us almost like Silicon Valley in the Cloud, or a digitally native Stanford for adults. To be "on deck" is to aspire to start something new.
Read our Wall of Love and our Alumni Case Studies to get a sense of why people love being part of this community.
We recently raised our Series A from Keith Rabois at Founders Fund and nearly 200 of the best operators and investors (including many of our community members).
About the Employer Engagement, Hiring Team
The Employer Engagement team is one of four teams that collectively make up On Deck's Hiring team, which is focused on helping people #GetJobsAtStartups.
Our Hiring Team's current offerings include:
- Talent Hub (job-search marketplace)
- On Deck First 50 Fellowship (program to help job seekers get jobs at startups)
- Talent Demo Days (virtual job fair where startups pitch candidates)
- Employer Engagement (beta launched in Nov 2021!) - We launched a paid offering where we are providing white-glove service to a select group of startups to help supercharge their hiring processes and help them find and close amazing candidates, fast.
- More products and services arriving in early 2022
In this role, you’ll be the first Talent Experience Associate on our team and will make decisions that will have a significant impact on the growth and success of our business unit.
You will work closely with our Head of Employer Engagement and Talent Partner to help support our customers (top startup Founders and leaders) with their hiring needs. Through sourcing, matchmaking, and operations support, you'll accelerate our customers' time to hire and improve the quality of hire.
You're an ideal fit for this role if you love going the extra mile for customers and are highly organized. The team is growing rapidly, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in blitz scale mode and make a significant impact through your work.
Who you are:
- High output + execution hustle — You embrace the generalist mindset and slot in wherever necessary. You are highly resourceful, an eager learner, and thrive in a scrappy and often chaotic environment.
- Next-level customer supporter — You have experience in supporting and serving customers. Bonus points if in a recruiting capacity.
- Frontline community-builder – You love being a connector and going the extra mile for people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills — Ability to influence and partner with Founders, CEOs, and other startup leaders.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented – You naturally take on ownership, have an eagerness to dive into the nitty-gritty, and pride yourself on not letting anything fall through the cracks.
- Open to a culture of feedback – As a young and growing team, you'll be an essential part of building culture. This currently includes regular opportunities to give and receive feedback.
- Experience previously working at a tech company is helpful so you have strong familiarity with different types of roles in tech (preferred, not required)
What you will do:
- Deliver "wow" to our customers: help them fill their roles, fast. Key metrics you'll manage and track: # of matches made and Company NPS.
- Find and match candidates with our customer's job opportunities with highly personalized introductions. You'll soon develop deep knowledge of the type of candidates and the type of companies we have in our marketplace.
- Support companies in Talent Hub (our job-search marketplace) with their company profiles and help them get maximum value.
- Be the voice of the companies you're helping. Share with us how we can improve their experience whether with our existing offers or by building new offerings.
- Build bridges across On Deck. You will be the primary point of contact between our Employer Engagement team and some of On Deck's program teams to help their fellows who are hiring or job seeking.
- Help us build a healthy and happy culture – you'll contribute to a cross-functional environment of trust, support, and creativity.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. We plan to build the modern educational institution for the next 100 years. If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to transform education, this is it.
- Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our Series A in this memo)
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
On Deck is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions
• You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be cool
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.