Product Manager - Internal Tools
Product Manager / Remote / Product / Full-Time
TL;DR: Lead the development of no-code infrastructure and internal tooling allowing our internal teams to build operationally crucial solutions.
About On Deck
On Deck is a global community where ambitious, talented people start and scale companies and invest in their careers alongside a cohort of their peers.
Our products help people in the startup ecosystem connect with each other and make progress toward their goals. We build for founders, as well as investors, employees, and company leaders.
This is an opportunity to impact the product in a meaningful way, have a high degree of autonomy in your work, and collaborate with world-class people around the world.
A little bit about internal tools at On Deck
No-code plays a key role in On Deck's operational success and you will help us bring more consistency and creativity to our already-existing systems while providing new infrastructure to support future no-code solutions
The teams are highly autonomous. You will own the decisions, roadmap and the success of your team. You can learn about how we work here
Product ownership is end-to-end, from defining strategy and goals in partnership with leadership all the way through polished rollout
What you'll do
- As a Product Manager you will focus on a few key areas:
- Inspire in the right direction – Own product strategy and vision in partnership with leadership and business partners
- Ship world-class no-code infrastructure solutions at a fast pace – you'll be focused on providing our internal teams the best possible thing to solve the problems they face
- Lead your team – you love empowering engineers and enablement, operations and education leads, and can guide them towards making the right decisions
- Build bridges across On Deck — our user experience is more than software; you'll set up the systems and communication flows to bring the right people aboard at the right time
- Nurture a healthy and happy culture – you'll contribute to a cross-functional environment of trust, support and innovation
- Roll up your sleeves on a moment's notice – you'll sweat the details alongside your team, whether in slides, Slack, Miro, or GitHub
Tools this team works with
This role might be for you if you
- Want to build the future of the startup ecosystem – enabling talented people around the world build companies, relationships, and careers together
- Have 4+ years of experience in product and are excited about contributing to a culture of no-code excellence
- Are comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity and rapid growth; perhaps you've been a founder yourself or want to be one day
- Are excited about a startup that has some product-market-fit, with an unsolved opportunity to lock it in and scale
- Have passion for or have worked in the no-code space as a PM
This role is probably not for you if you
- Want to be a PM on a world-class team but have not yet done so before
- Want to grow as a PM but expect playbooks to follow and strong top-down decisions about what to build
- Want to work in a company where designers and engineers only execute
What's in it for you?
- Co-create the future of the startup ecosystem, enabling greater success for many
- Join one of the fastest-growing VC-backed companies on the planet
- Surround yourself with world-class PMs, engineers, product designers and company builders who will help you grow
- Play a key role in building out your product — it won't be amazing without you!
- Make an enormous impact by joining us at this unique stage of growth
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, and employee benefits including generous healthcare. You can take any PTO you need, anytime you need.
Our team works remotely and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that most of our product engineering team works between GMT-8 and GMT+3. We work fairly asynchronously but candidates from these regions will be preferred.
Why you might be excited about us:
We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. We plan to build the best company-building machine the world has ever seen.
Customers LOVE us. Nearly one in three of our all-time customers (~700 people) have added On Deck to their Twitter bios and/or Linkedin — choosing to align their core professional identity with their participation in an On Deck program. They describe On Deck using superlatives like "life-changing," "the best decision I ever made," "It's too good to be true, but it's true," and more.
You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what your role and our product-engineering teams looks like going forward.
We're backed by over 200 world-class investors, operators, and executives, including a $20 million Series A led by Keith Rabois at Founders Fund with participation from Village Global, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions
• You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be cool
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.