European Candidates Intern
European Candidate Intern / Remote / International / Full-Time
TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking an intern to support our European operations. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below!
About On Deck
On Deck is the #1 place globally for people starting something new.
Start a startup.
Start an angel portfolio.
Start a new career.
There is an age old saying: "Talent is distributed equally worldwide, access is not" – we are changing this.
We combine the best possible network worldwide and focused education for people with ambition.
You can think of us almost like Silicon Valley in the Cloud, or if a digitally native Stanford for adults were built in 2020.
On Deck launched officially in Europe in September 2020. Since then, we've had over 150+ European fellows join our different programs. We are looking for a European Candidate intern to support our efforts in the market.
In your role, you’ll be working directly with our head of EMEA / International: working with different functions across the organization (growth, candidates, operations) and across programs (Founders, Writers, Community Builders) to coordinate on best practices and meet objectives.
What you will do:
- We treat interns the same as full-timers and give you an immense amount of autonomy, responsibility and impact.
- Candidate operations — making sure we are getting back to every candidate across all programs, answering their questions, providing relevant program information, and organizing Q&A events.
- Identifying and executing on candidate sourcing opportunities for the European market alongside our growth team.
- Build dozens (maybe hundreds) of new relationships, connections, and an experience that is truly one-of-a-kind connecting top technology Founders & Investors with Fellows from around the world.
- Ultimately, ensuring European fellows have a mind-blowing experience unlike any other community they've ever been part of.
Who you are:
- Excellent people skills — you'll be interacting with both European fellows and candidates across all programs.
- High autonomy and ability to switch from one context to another efficiently.
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment
- Meticulously detail-oriented and organized – able to juggle many priorities while not dropping any balls.
- Natural community-builder – cares about building relationships, understands the long-game, and how to cultivate positive-sum value.
- Previous experience and knowledge of products like Slack, Zoom and Airtable, or ability to ramp up quickly are appreciated.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (~70 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
Location, start date and compensation:
Our team works remotely, but you will have to be available to work on European-CET friendly hours, which may be difficult from outside of Europe. This is a paid internship.
You would start as soon as possible.