Recruiter / Remote / Recruiting / Full-Time
TL;DR: Early-stage startup in hyper-scale mode seeking a Recruiter. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below! (this role is totally remote)
About On Deck
On Deck is where ambitious people grow, together.
On Deck is where the world's top talent comes to connect. Whatever it is our fellows want to do next, our ever-growing community and action-oriented programming will help them get there—fast. If our fellows want to learn something new to up-level their career, launch and scale big ideas, or make lifelong friends, this is the place.
Read our Wall of Love and our Alumni Case Studies to get a sense of why people love being part of this community.
We recently raised our series A from Keith Rabois at Founders Fund and nearly 200 of the best operators and investors (including many of our community members).
We are looking for a Recruiter who has prior experience building out teams at startups.
This is an incredibly exciting role—with lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and take on responsibility from day 1.
The team is growing extremely fast, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in blitzscale mode and make a significant impact through your work. As such, we're also looking to hire for this role ASAP. If you're ready to move fast, so are we. Let's chat.
Who you are:
- 4+ years progressive recruiting experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team, with a minimum of 2 years focused specifically on sales/business functions
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- 4+ years of experience in sourcing candidates through multiple channels.
- Proven ability to utilize innovative sourcing methods to attract and engage with talent.
- Demonstrated relationship management experience and an ability to partner closely with hiring managers.
- Experience closing candidates and facilitating complex compensation packages.
- Proven ability to discover, organize and present relevant market data to plan sourcing strategies and influence key decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
What you will do:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for candidates across our business teams, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Source, engage and work with passive candidates.
- Manage client relationships and act as an advisor to hiring managers and interview teams.
- Drives and assesses the health of pipeline volume and velocity.
- Effectively assesses and screens candidates for tech positions.
- Facilitate interview and hiring decision-making process.
- Posts positions and actively manages all job postings.
- Maintains relationships with both internal and external resources to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Drive offer process, partnering with hiring managers, Compensation, and HR.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. Read more about the launch of our $100 million community fund here, and about the launch of our ODX accelerator here.
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We are still a fairly young company with about 200 people, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early-stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
On Deck is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions
• You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be cool
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.