TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking no-code builder to supercharge our operations and accomplish with 20 people what most teams need 50 for. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. What is No-Code? Written by one of our ODF alums, this might help. Details below!
About On Deck
On Deck is building a modern education institution: a platform serving the many strands of identity of ambitious people who want to change the world.
We started with the On Deck Founder Fellowship (ODF), an intensive 10-week program that helps talented, ambitious people gain the network and skills needed to build the next generation of great technology companies. We want to 10x the number of founders building world changing companies.
Then we launched the On Deck Angel Fellowship (ODA) to turn world-class operators into the next great angel investors, investing and supporting this next wave of founders.
Recently, we launched the On Deck Writer Fellowship (ODW) to help groups of enterprising writers grow their audience and hone their craft, while connecting them with a lifelong community of creative, collaborative peers.
And we’re not stopping there. To be "on deck" is to aspire to starting something new.
Start a company.
Start an angel portfolio.
Start a newsletter, podcast, media empire.
Start a new career.
On Deck is becoming the go-to play for ambitious people to change the world.
You can think of us almost like Silicon Valley in the Cloud, or if a digitally native Stanford for adults were built in 2020.
In your role owning No-Code Operations, you’ll seek to supercharge our operations team – helping us accomplish with 20 people what most teams need 50 for.
We believe the next big job in tech will be “No-Code Operations”. In fact, we think the new Employee #1 at the startups of the future will need to be no-code generalists. That’s your superpower.
At On Deck, this is exactly how we started. Before launching our first Fellowship cohort in early 2019, we set out to build the infrastructure that would enable a 1-person team to manage a candidate pipeline that received thousands of applications.
The result? Something akin to our own in-house Lever, but on steroids. Automated management of our fleet of 100+ alumni interviewers who conduct 500+ interviews every cohort, with automated feedback collection, offers, referral leaderboards, and more.
But this is just the start. We’re seeking someone to take this to the next level, and be the rocket fuel that powers the On Deck engine.
What you'll do
- Build the infrastructure that powers candidate operations across all programs (On Deck Angels, Writers, Founders, and more)
- Use Webflow to create new landing pages, maintain the beondeck.com main site, and build other miscellaneous web/mobile app MVPs
- Maintain and streamline existing infrastructure
- Bring discipline and process improvement to our no-code operations – strong documentation, data hygiene and following other best practices
- Building new automations & systems for new product launches
- Work cross-functionally across all our programs and teams to proactively understand their needs, and identify new opportunities to build tools that give them leverage
- Train the On Deck team members, resulting in team-wide basic no-code proficiency
Who you are
- Extremely well-versed with Airtable, Zapier, Typeform, Notion, and Webflow. Other tools are a plus.
- Understands database architecture, APIs, web app development, and other programming concepts helpful in being able to quickly adopt new tools
- Bonus has a software engineering background, enabling you to supplement your no-code work with code when necessary.
- Understands how company operations work, and how to build processes to support it.
- High output, execution, and hustle – an ability to own all no-code operations, solve problems, and an eagerness to dive into the nitty-gritty.
- Meticulously detail-oriented and organized – able to juggle many priorities while not dropping any balls. Accountability is the most important attribute in startups.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment.
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why You Might *Not* Be Excited About Us
- We're small (~15 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, plus employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, but you will have to be available to work on U.S.-friendly hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.