Product Marketing Manager, Careers
Product Marketing Manager / Remote / Careers / Full-Time
TL;DR: Early-stage startup in hyper-scale mode is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join our growing Careers Team. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below - this role is fully remote.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager who is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves, work collaboratively and cross-functionally, and is an efficient executor to help support our Program Teams build awareness and excitement about their fellowships.
This is an incredibly dynamic role, with lots of opportunities to learn, get your hands dirty, work with world-class talent, and take on impactful responsibilities from day one.
As our first Product Marketing hire on the team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the foundation of what we’re building and influence the long-term direction of this function within the broader Revenue org.
You'll report to the Director of Marketing for the Careers organization and work directly with Program Directors, Managers and Associates to craft and revamp the messaging and positioning for each program to help inform the direction of all their public-facing collaterals and assets (from program landing pages, to individual campaign pages, and informational one-pagers and brochures).
The team is growing extremely fast, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in hyper-scale mode. As such, we're also looking to hire for this role ASAP. If you're ready to move fast, so are we.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Growth Marketing or a similar role.
- You’re an excellent copywriter – you obsess over who your customer is and strive to write the perfect copy for them.
- You’re deeply passionate about audience research, persona development, and mapping product benefits to customer needs.
- You have a high bar for what should go to production. You have a passion for creating high-quality marketing collateral and customer journeys with a keen eye for detail.
- You are scrappy, and willing to figure out what you don't know to get stuff done with minimum supervision.
- You’re a proactive, effective communicator, and excited about working in a diverse, distributed team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate closely with Program teams to position, package and launch On Deck's offerings to the public
- Act as the marketing liaison with the Product Engineering team to ensure our roadmap matches the needs of of our target audience, and in turn the benefits are positioned accordingly to attract and engage that audience
- Define ideal candidate profiles (and corresponding value propositions) for each program to help inform and boost the targeting and messaging of our marketing efforts and collaterals
- Research and analyze other offerings in the market and maintains a side-by-side comparison explaining how competitors solve problems for our target audiences
- Work directly with Content and Brand Marketing to design and roll out marketing collaterals to attract and invite high-quality candidates to apply to our programs
- Collaborate closely with Lifecycle Marketing to help inform the direction of our marketing campaigns as it relates to copy and audience targeting
- Ensures other customer-facing teams (B2B/C Sales and Admissions) use consistent language to describe our offerings and their benefits.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our candidate experience looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our Series A in this memo)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We are a young company with a couple hundred people, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early-stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia. You would start as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
On Deck is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions
• You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be cool
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.