Partner Success Manager
Partner Success Manager / Remote / Partnerships / Full-Time
TL;DR: Looking for someone who can retain and grow our existing partner ecosystem. This role will primarily include account management, process building and documentation, and increasing fellow value through partnerships. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below!
About On Deck
On Deck is where ambitious people grow, together. Whatever it is our fellows want to do next, our ever-growing community and action-oriented programming will help them get there—fast. If our fellows want to learn something new to up-level their career, launch and scale big ideas, or make lifelong friends, this is the place.
In this role, you’ll be the first dedicated Partner Success Manager on our team and will make decisions that will have a significant impact on the growth and success of our business unit. You will work closely with the Partnerships team, and the rest of the revenue organization, to support existing partners and Learning & Development customers and help them navigate the ever-growing On Deck ecosystem. By managing part of the existing portfolio of partners, you’ll grow and retain each account and increase LTV of partner relationships.
You're an ideal fit for this role if you love going the extra mile for customers/ partners. The team is growing rapidly, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in blitz scale mode and make a significant impact through your work.
Who you are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: Ability to influence and partner with Founders and other startup leaders
- Customer obsessed: 3+ years of experience in account management, customer success, or business development role, ideally in tech or venture-backed startups, or selling to startups
- Have strong negotiation skills and business & financial acumen, with an ability to make data-informed decisions
- Have experience independently negotiating and closing high contract value deals
- Have experience working cross-functionally with product, marketing, and sales teams
- Community/ relationship builder: A positive-sum relationship builder who genuinely enjoys talking to people and creating opportunities for others
- An operator at your core: meticulously detail-oriented and organized – able to juggle many priorities while not dropping any balls. You are highly resourceful, an eager learner, and thrive in a scrappy and often chaotic environment
What you will do:
- Strengthen On Deck's partner ecosystem by providing the best partner/customer experience out there
- Develop internal processes and products for account management function, including onboarding, managing, and marketing partnerships (playbooks, decks, perk library, etc), and growing with partners
- Provide custom onboarding and success plan for key strategic partners
- Implementing, tracking, and analyzing partner performance, engagement within our OD universe, and quantifying LTV of partner relationships
- Work cross-functionally with partnerships, L&D, marketing, product, programs teams, and experience to identify areas of opportunity
- Understand the ecosystem of related OD products available to partners and provide recommendations to partners on how they might leverage these
- Be the partner's point of contact at On Deck, working swiftly to resolve any issues in a timely matter
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our Series A in this memo)
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, health and wellness stipend, SaaS product stipend, Macbook, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
On Deck is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions
• You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be cool
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.