Build Partner, Israel
Build Partner, Israel / Remote / International / Full-Time
TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking Build Partner. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below!
About On Deck
On Deck is the #1 place globally for people starting something new.
Start a startup.
Start an angel portfolio.
Start a new career.
There is an age old saying: "Talent is distributed equally worldwide, access is not" – we are changing this.
We combine the best possible network worldwide and focused education for people with ambition.
You can think of us almost like Silicon Valley in the Cloud, or if a digitally native Stanford for adults were built in 2020.
In your role, you’ll support and execute our launch and expansion efforts for the Israeli market, working with the different functions across the organization (mainly growth, candidates and experience).
What you will do:
- You will identify and execute ways to increase our Israel-based candidate pipeline across programs.
- You will reach out and speak to high quality candidates from your network and the Israeli ecosystem about our different programs.
- You will work with our candidates team to ensure that applicants have the right information through each stage of the application process.
- More broadly, you will work with the key ecosystem players to increase On Deck's brand recognition in Israel and our top of funnel.
Who you are:
- Natural community-builder – understands the long-game, and how to cultivate positive-sum value
- Has a strong "spirit of service", where you think first how you can give rather than take, and always seeking opportunities to support Fellows to the max of your ability.
- Meticulously detail-oriented and organized – able to juggle many priorities while not dropping any balls.
- High output, execution, and hustle – an ability to own everything from growth to candidates to operations, and an eagerness to dive into the nitty gritty.
- Has great interpersonal skills, charisma, and enjoys building new relationships
- Has strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited:
- We're small (~70 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and this position is based in Israel.