Technical Sourcer / Remote / Talent / Full-Time
TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking Technical Sourcer. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below!
About On Deck
On Deck is the #1 place globally for people starting something new.
Start a startup.
Start an angel portfolio.
Start a new career.
There is an age old saying: "Talent is distributed equally worldwide, access is not" – we are changing this.
We combine the best possible network worldwide and focused education for people with ambition.
You can think of us almost like Silicon Valley in the Cloud, or if a digitally native Stanford for adults were built in 2020.
In your role, you’ll be working across community sourcing technical talent for the internal On Deck team. You will also be working with On Deck fellowships to help them source and evaluate technical talent for their programs.
Who you are:
- 1 - 3 years of technical talent sourcing.
- You are both data-minded and target-driven, tenacious in reaching your goals.
- You are a highly organized self-starter who gets things done.
- You are a team player, who is motivated by achieving shared goals.
- You are a quick learner who thrives in fast-paced environments, and is and able to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
- You are a clear communicator who is comfortable managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- You’re able to handle all situations and data sensitively and in confidence.
- You are interested in building a career in talent-investing, growth, marketing.
What you will do:
- You bring 1-2+ years of talent sourcing / recruiting, sales or lead generation experience in a dynamic and international environment.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (~70 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, but you will have to be available to work on U.S.-friendly hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.