Partner, Co-Founder Search (remote)
San Francisco /
Talent Marketplaces /
Partner, Co-Founder Search / Remote / Talent Marketplaces / Full-Time
TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking a Partner, Co-Founder Search to help us build and lead a search and matching marketplace for Co-Founders. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below!
About On Deck
On Deck is where ambitious people grow, together.
On Deck is where the world's top talent comes to connect. Whatever it is our fellows want to do next, our ever-growing community and action-oriented programming will help them get there—fast. If our fellows want to learn something new to up-level their career, launch and scale big ideas, or make lifelong friends, this is the place.
In your role, you’ll work closely with our Operations team, Talent Marketplaces team and Community to build and grow our Co-Founder Search vertical.
Across On Deck's various programs, especially On Deck Founders, there are Fellows looking to start companies and are a Co-Founder away from making it a reality.
Our goal is to help match talent (Co-Founders) who are looking to start companies in order to help startups in the On Deck Community launch quicker and be set up for long-term success.
This role involves a lot of interaction with founders and top talent (On Deck Fellows, YC founders, early employees and ex-founders of top startups, scrappy software engineers).
Who you are:
- Former entrepreneur, executive coach or operator who has scaled businesses or organizations from 0—>1
- Previous experience in Venture Capital, Recruiting or Business Development preferred
- Comfortable operating within ambiguity and creating the playbook rather than following one
- Business owner mentality who thrives in autonomous environments
- You love to altitude shift — an ability to go from strategic thinking to in the trenches execution
- You're passionate about building and cultivating highly connected communities
- You are a proactive, effective communicator, and excited about working in a diverse, distributed team
What you will do:
- Build and launch a new talent search business line within the On Deck ecosystem that drives meaningful revenue for the company
- Establish and create the go-to-market motion for the business unit
- Create and conduct interview process that optimizes for high hit-rate of Co-Founder matches
- Work with leadership to implement KPI's and goals for your business unit that demonstrate the health and success of the vertical
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with founders in the community
- Design programs to create strong value proposition that attracts new founders into the community
- Work within our no-code stack to set up automations, infrastructure, web/mobile apps, landing pages, etc.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We are a young company with about 100 people, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions.
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.