Head of Recruiting (remote)
San Francisco /
Head of Recruiting / Remote / Talent / Full-Time
TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking a Head of Recruiting. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below! (this role is totally remote)
We've taken recruiting from 0 to 1 and grown our team to over 100 amazing people all over the world. We're now looking for a Head of Recruiting who has extensive experience scaling recruiting at a rapidly growing company.
This is an incredibly exciting role— and a career-defining one for the right person.
The team is growing extremely fast, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in blitz scale mode and make a significant impact through your work. As such, we're also looking to hire for this role ASAP. If you're ready to move fast, so are we. Let's chat.
Who you are:
- You thrive in early stage environments and have significant experience building out people functions at other startups
- Passionate leader who can build, manage and develop teams in a distributed environment
- You have exhibited the ability to understand the business objectives at the companies you've worked at so you could balance employee experience and company goals
- Strong business partner who can work well cross-functionally with hiring leaders to achieve talent goals
- You have a strong experience understanding systems, tools and technology needed to support a fast growing organization that onboards 100+ people per year
- Results oriented who is able to set goals, create actionable execution plans and motivate and manage a team to achieve them
What you will do:
- Hire hundreds of team members in the years to come while leading, developing and inspiring a team of recruiters
- Build the recruiting machine that enables On Deck to achieve hiring goals as the company scales
- Define and drive the strategic direction and planning of On Deck's recruiting efforts and act as the key business partner to leadership for all things hiring
- Create the hiring playbook and implement hiring practices, processes and tools for hiring managers to execute from
- Build strong talent pipelines through inbound applications, outbound sourcing and by leveraging our referral network
- Forecast future hiring needs based on the growth of the business and hiring funnel metrics
- Achieve key hiring metrics including time-to-hire, candidates in the pipeline, offers accepted, etc
- Design what the candidate experience should look like and ensure the first and subsequent interactions for candidates is an excellent one
Why you might be excited:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define our culture and operations infrastructure going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited:
- We're ~100 people in the company now, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions.
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.