Solutions Data Science Analyst
All Locations /
One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to save lives and livelihoods before, during and after disasters. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology, policy and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate, motivated and high reaching people to join our team. Our engineering challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to create systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
One Concern’s Solutions Team is seeking a curious and creative data science analyst who thrives on solving challenging problems and is able to boil complex business challenges into simple business analysis and data science problems and solve them. The Solutions Data Science Analyst will be challenged daily to translate customer needs into tangible outputs using One Concern’s core technology. This role is highly cross-disciplinary and requires an ability to achieve buy-in from internal stakeholders on customer needs, work with internal or external data science experts, synthesize and present results to internal and external clients, as well as communicate methods, validations, and limitations to these stakeholders. As such, experience working as a client facing data scientist and business analysis required. You will form strong relationships internally with various executives and stakeholders across our HQ and offices in the US and Japan and external clients.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest data engineering architectures and data science models, methods and validation methodologies by interacting routinely with Engineering and Data Science teams.
- Support pre-sales and post-sales efforts to deliver analysis to solve client business problems using One Concern technology and explain analyses, methods, validations, and limitations to clients
- Conduct quantitative research and business analysis for new opportunities and markets alongside the Solutions Strategist and Business Team.
- Travel to clients and support Solutions Strategists and business development reps to field technical questions and provide details on our technical solutions. You will be the customer-facing representative of the data science teams.
- Independently drive innovative data science analyses from the ground-up using internal and external data sources and work with Solutions Strategists to create client-ready materials
- Support post-sales efforts to configure One Concern products for clients and deliver additional analysis to satisfy customer needs working closely with Customer Success and the Solutions Strategist.
- MS or PhD in Engineering with experience in AI / Statistical Modeling required
- 1-3 years of software or data science and engineering experience
- 1-3 years of business analysis experience, preferably in the areas of disaster management, financial risk management, banking or insurance domains
- 1-3 years of client-facing consultant experience. Experience working with international customers is a big plus.
- Creative, innovative mindset obsessed with identifying and solving problems
- Expertise in physics-based/geospatial modeling, machine learning, and statistical methods
- Strong attention to detail, ownership and accountability in his or her work
- Mission driven
Nice to Have
- Experience working with international customer.
Perks & Benefits
- Market Competitive Salary + Equity
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Team Offsites
- Flexible Working Hours