About One Concern
One Concern brings disaster science together with machine learning for better decision-making. We quantify resilience from catastrophic perils, empowering leaders to measure, mitigate, and transfer risk. We believe that by pioneering cutting-edge science, we can make disasters less disastrous and, ultimately, build planetary-scale resilience.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate, mission-driven Contract Visual Designer to join our team.
The Visual Designer to help define and evolve One Concern’s brand, technical marketing creative, and overarching design language. You have an array of design skills and a portfolio to match, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can fluently translate complex data into compelling visual storytelling that advances business goals.
This role will encompass a broad spectrum of design work: from website, technical whitepapers, to pixel-perfecting the visual narrative for C-level strategic pitches and critical meetings. The ideal candidate has experience in complex data-visualization, branded content, and multimedia marketing collateral. This role is highly visible, and will work fluidly across the organization, as the conduit between the Marketing team and Product, Data Science, Solutions, and People.
What You'll Do
- Translate complex, abstract tech/scientific concepts into impactful visual narratives that resonate with target audiences and meet business objectives
- Create clear and engaging data visualizations including animations
- Define and build experiences for customer meetings and technical marketing whitepapers
- Design strategic external and internal marketing and communications assets
- Support and collaborate with cross-organizational stakeholders
- Evolve One Concern’s design language and brand identity through beautiful and clear design
Qualifications & Experience
- *3-7 years’ relevant experience (*If you don’t meet this, but feel like you can smash the role, feel free to reach out. The best candidates aren’t always the most experienced.)
- A portfolio with an emphasis on thoughtful, empathetic design
- Strong data visualization, visual and typographic design skills
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and other core design tools; fluent in storytelling through creative design
- Comfortable with print, web design and Wordpress
- You’re a natural storyteller and strategic thinker. You’re at-ease breaking things down into their constituent parts, and organizing information visually in a clear, logical way
- You have a deft hand and a keen eye for translating complex technology or scientific concepts, including raw data, into compelling visual stories that advance business goals
- You’re comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and manage ambiguity and competing priorities well
- You are efficient and deadline-driven.
Nice to Haves
- Combination of agency and in-house experience
- Has some professional experience in Japan, or designing for a Japanese audience
- Experience working internationally and designing assets that can resonate with audiences from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Experience working with Figma & Miro
Compensation will be competitive with market for this position and will include equity consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, natural origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.