One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to save lives and livelihoods before, during, and after disasters. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate, motivated, and high-reaching engineers to join our team. Our engineering challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to create systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
Do you want to wake up every day and contribute to making the world a better place?
Do you like working on and with distributed systems?
How do you feel about working on a data system that requires uptime in the face of a catastrophic event? The system you would work on needs to be up when everything else is down, this leads to a very interesting set of challenges.
Making systems disaster resilient is a tough challenge and we need you to help us tackle this challenge. If your motto is 'Anything that is repeated too many times ought to be automated', then we are looking for you. In this role as DevOps Engineer, you are responsible for configuring, maintaining, and scaling operation systems from end to end.
You should have strong prior experience working with instances in AWS and Google Cloud environments and in all aspects of building and deploying production-ready systems including architecture, planning, system administration, configuration management, deployment and performance troubleshooting.
- Minimum B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience- Startup experience is a plus
- Scripting languages - Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- RDBMS experience - MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong security, networking, and compliance experience
- Experience with AWS and Google Cloud
- Working with Elasticsearch, Nats Streaming, Spark, Tensorflow
- Automation and deployment - Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, GitHub, etc
- Logging, monitoring, alerting and performance debugging - Prometheus, Jaeger, Grafana, PagerDuty, Loggly, etc
- Linux system administration
- Experience working with software engineers for system setup, performance optimization, automation, debugging, etc