Data Scientist AI/ML
Data Science /
About One Concern
One Concern brings disaster science together with machine learning for better decision-making. We quantify resilience from catastrophic perils, empowering leaders to measure, mitigate, and transfer risk. We believe that by pioneering cutting-edge science, we can make disasters less disastrous and, ultimately, build planetary-scale resilience.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate, mission-driven Data Scientist, AI/ML to join our team. You'll develop innovative machine learning models for a variety of applications in supply chain and resilience modeling. You should have experience with collecting and cleaning data, feature engineering, building scalable machine learning algorithms and constantly improving them over time. You should be a visionary, executor and an excellent communicator.
We work in a highly collaborative, challenging and exciting environment. Our data science and engineering challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable stepping in uncharted territory and excited to create systems that can scale to all disasters and geographies. If you are a problem solver, think out-of-the-box, love challenging yourself, and want to work for a cause, we would love to have you at One Concern.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with data science and engineering team to identify areas of improvement and propose creative solutions to product challenges
- Design and Develop custom machine learning models to drive innovative business solutions
- Work with domain experts in building and improving different products
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new approaches and data sources.
- Formulate your own problems as the problem might not always be defined for you
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other domain scientists of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical/ML methods to solve challenges.
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess the ability to own and pursue a research project, including impactful problems and carrying it out to completion
- Background of machine learning, deep learning, statistics and quantitative analytics
- 2 years of applying machine learning for solving real-world problems in industry
- Experience in computer vision modeling
- Experience in Supply Chain modeling.
- Past delivery of large-scale ML solutions for complex business problems
- Experience with Python
- Proficiency in using one or more query languages such as SQL
- Degree in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
Nice to Haves
- Experience working on applying machine learning methods on supply chain data to solve real world problems is a big plus
- Experience with GCP and big data technologies such as hive, hadoop, spark etc.
- Domain knowledge in flooding, earthquake, damage prediction is a plus
Compensation will be competitive with the market for this position and will include equity consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, natural origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.