Senior FP&A Analyst
Menlo Park /
One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to increase the global community's resilience to natural hazards. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations, and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior FP&A Analyst to join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a strategic financial partner and point of contact for R&D leadership, including CTO, VP Product, Director of Engineering, and Director of Data Science
- Drive the financial planning, reporting, and month-end processes for R&D teams. Develop and monitor R&D performance indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing variances. Work with R&D partners to enhance financial and operational performance trends
- Effectively engage with Cloud Operations and Engineering teams to drive cloud infrastructure optimization initiatives. Cascade key decisions into the development of comprehensive infrastructure capacity planning financial model for expense and cash
- Collaborate with People team in headcount planning, reporting, and analysis
- Provide decision support through scenario modeling and ad-hoc analysis, as required
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in a financial planning and analysis role
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Accounting or similar field with relevant finance/accounting experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and modeling skills with the ability to synthesize and analyze data to create useful information and concise analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence change
- Proven ability to work well in cross-functional teams and develop strong working relationships across all levels
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Highly collaborative, partner-oriented, and mission-driven
- Experience in a high-growth data analytics/software/SaaS organization. Cloud forecasting and optimization expertise is highly preferred
- Experience in supporting the R&D org (e.g., headcount planning)
- Familiarity with agile planning
- Familiarity with programming and database query languages such as SQL
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.