Insurance Linked Securities Solutions Strategist
Menlo Park /
One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to save lives and livelihoods before, during and after disasters. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables insurers, corporations, cities and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology solutions. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly, and we are looking for passionate, motivated, and high reaching people to join our team.
One Concern’s Solutions Team is seeking an Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) Solutions Strategist. This role requires specialized skills in the catastrophic risk modeling, ILS, and parametric insurance domains, and an ability to understand the customer needs and industry trends. ILS Solutions Strategist will work with the customers and multidisciplinary teams in the US and Japan to develop the strategy and specifications for our solution for the ILS market.
Responsibilities - Get ready to think big, work smart, and shine bright!
- Develop strategy and specifications for evolving One Concern’s solutions for the ILS market, including parametric solutions and other new offerings.
- Work closely with various cross-functional teams at One Concern (Solution, Data Science, Engineering, Product Management, and Business Development) to build innovative and practical solutions and product offerings.
- Drive innovation within One Concern to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate our offerings in the market. Help One Concern evolve its current value proposition for ILS with our next key target clients across sectors by being active in the market, listening to clients, developing new service offerings and delivering high quality and impactful solutions to our clients.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest ILS market and trends. ILS includes catastrophe bonds, Cat bond, Industry Loss Warranties (ILW), other Cat derivatives, reinsurance sidecars, or other securitization and derivative products.
- Conduct quantitative research and business analysis for new opportunities in the ILS market, and identify use cases for the ILS market applications of the One Concern Resilience Platform.
- Support pre-sales and post-sales efforts to deliver solutions to solve customer's business problems using One Concern technology and explain analyses, methods, validations, and limitations to clients.
- Provide business value by assisting in selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of One Concern’s capabilities within key client organizations. Support the Solutions Team in the presentation of new ILS related solutions to key client decision makers, including (re)insurance managers, CROs and CFOs. Interact with customers to understand the requirements, field technical questions, and provide details on our technical solutions.
- Create customer-ready materials to successfully position One Concern solutions to the customers
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in insurance/capital markets/risk management domains, with at least three (3) years in the designing, pricing, structuring, and execution of insurance-linked securities (ILS), parametric insurance solution and other new product design/development
- (Re)insurance, catastrophe modeling or actuarial experience required
- Good understanding of insurance, reinsurance, parametric insurance, capital market, and risk modeling concepts and market trends
- MS or Ph.D degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics Engineering, or a related technical field
- Demonstrated experience of working on new solutions working with customers and teams in a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong communication, quantitative and analytical skills
- Creative, innovative mindset for identifying and solving open-ended problems
- High willingness and flexibility to travel (domestic/international) - potentially >25% travel under normal, post COVID-19 conditions
Nice to Have
- AI/Machine Learning experience is a big plus.
- Experience of working with Japanese customers