Product Manager / Product Lead
One Concern is a Palo Alto-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to save lives and livelihoods before, during, and after disasters. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
We are looking for a product lead with the right blend of product management, GTM, technical know-how, strategy, and business development skills who is excited to tackle a challenging product problem of how to get the right information to the right people to save lives and livelihoods before, during, and after a disaster.
You will be responsible for leading entire projects and owning their outcomes from start to finish. You will need to be innovative, self-motivated, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complexity, ambiguity, and multiple stakeholders to create a game-changing product. You will need to bring your qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to bear as you drive outcomes, define strategy and direction and ensure stellar execution.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, sales, marketing, and customer success teams to translate business needs into product requirements
- Build value propositions, develop business cases, and prioritize across a wide suite of technology and product solutions
- Be the voice of the customer in the organization and seek to understand the different stakeholders and user types in the natural disaster and resilience ecosystem
- Define the product strategy to the executive team, research and ideate on new ideas, and deliver product value to users
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for a created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners.
- 3-5 years in a highly analytical product management role with wide range of experience with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated technical understanding of software development, agile methodologies, and analytics
- Demonstrated track record of success delivering high-value products in complex settings across diverse technology teams (data science, engineering, design, operations, etc.)
- Self starter, independent, and can work autonomously with little supervision and can define processes from the ground up
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability in communicating product value and needs with both high-level clients and executives
Bonus Points if you have
- Demonstrated experience in building data science or highly complex products
- Experience at a successful, scaling tech start-up
- Cross-functional experience in marketing, sales, market research, and/or business development
- Worked on projects which involved teams larger than 30
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.