Menlo Park /
One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to increase the global community's resilience to natural hazards. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations, and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate and motivated Scrum Master to join our team.
What You'll Do
- Serve as Scrum Master for multiple product development teams and help the teams in self-organization.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies - sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up, review/demos, retrospective.
- Help remove impediments and blockers for the team and coach team on removing impediments.
- Promote and ensure the defined agile/scrum process is being followed. Provide coaching and mentoring on defined scrum processes to the team.
- Plan and track epic release - agile release planning.
- Ensure the team is focused on completing the committed work in each sprint.
- Coordinate and manage cross-team dependencies to keep the project on track.
- Provide team’s progress/status updates and escalates risks and issues impeding.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to maintain a quality product backlog for the team.
- Identifies skills and competencies of team members (within the agile team) to make adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams.
- Create metrics and track and communicate teams’ velocity.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur within the scrum teams.
- B.S. in business administration, computer science, engineering, or related fields.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a software development organization.
- 2+ years of experience as Scrum Master.
- Experience in Agile-Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and Scrum framework.
- Basic knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Self-driven and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- Experience using Jira
- Experience in a startup
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.