Data Scientist Lead
San Francisco /
People are the heart of every experience at One, as it is our people who are our greatest asset.
One is building a flexible, real-time platform to deliver next-generation financial products to consumers. Because, at One we believe that all are entitled to financial peace of mind and we are hard at work making it a reality. We are committed to helping consumers improve their financial lives with smarter, differentiated products and looking for the right people to join our growing team.
One honors people who work hard for a living - people building our communities and driving the economy. We are a highly motivated team with deep experience in financial services and technology. Honesty and trust are central to our value of integrity, and we are eager to have positive people who to be a part of One.
We are looking for a Director of Data Science. As a key member of the early One team, you will be building innovative and industry leading machine learning credit risk, fraud risk, and marketing models to enable responsible lending.
- Develop credit and fraud risk machine learning models to drive automated lending decisions.
- Experience working with multiple complex data sources such bureau reports, fraud data sources and customer supplied information.
- Build industry leading marketing models to maximize response and conversion.
- Assess the effectiveness of new statistical approaches and data sources and business impacts.
- Advise on best practices and statistical methods for evaluating and measuring A/B testsCollaborate with engineers to deploy models in the production environment.
- 3-5 years of experience building credit and fraud models in a FinTech or Financial Services.
- Expert knowledge in statistical programming languages such as R or Phyton and database querying language such as SQL.
- Solid understanding of best model documentation and coding practices.
- Graduate or PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or related technical field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; self-starter and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Competitive Cash Compensation
- Early Stage Equity Package
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision and Wellness benefits
- 11 observed holidays and Flexible Vacation
- 3 months of Parental Leave
- 401k and Commuter Benefits