Backend Engineer - News XP
Engineering – News /
We believe that great, agile software engineering requires creativity in solving problems for our users, a scalable architecture, great coding as well as open minded communication.
At OneFootball we are delivering the product experience for football fans, the platform for our content partners and tools for our internal users. Our main systems consist of a micro service architecture with golang applications running on Kubernetes in AWS, serving iOS, Android and Web clients. You can check our Stackshare page, too.
We're looking for an outstanding Backend Engineer to help tell the world's football stories.
At OneFootball, you'll be working in agile, cross functional and self-organized teams to deliver the ultimate product experience for football fans. You will help to create, promote and disseminate standards, gaining valuable experience simultaneously. Our main systems consist of micro service architecture with golang applications serving iOS, Android and Web clients. We have a strong foundation of shipping code through containers using cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes. You can check our Stackshare page, too.
- Write code that your co-workers appreciate for its readability and elegance,
- Work on a growing set of backend services that bring the latest news stories and match highlights for hundreds of competitions to our users in no time by closely cooperating with our Product team,
- Drive from Conceptualization to Deployment complex services that integrate our partners' content into OneFootball applications,
- Be responsible for delivering features and APIs on the backend service side in close cooperation with our “client” teams,
- Be very data-driven in designing new features by extensively relying on usage patterns, bucket-testing, A-B Testing, and a very deep understanding of the domain and customer objectives,
- Understand the full tech stack and be able to debug and drive right design decisions.
- Experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs,
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis and NoSQL databases as well as an ability to optimise storage effectively,
- Solid understanding of what scalability, caching and load testing mean,
- Experience in event sourcing systems and handling concurrency at scale,
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes and agile methodologies are pluses.
If we have captured your interest and you want to help us build the ultimate media platform for football fans, submit your application and join our Engineering team!
OneFootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.