Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY or Remote /
Who we are
Onehot Labs is a healthcare technology startup harnessing machine learning and natural language processing to build products that make medical billing and reimbursement more efficient and cost-effective. By reducing human error, eliminating paperwork and streamlining medical billing processes, our solutions help doctors spend more time taking care of patients and allow patients to spend less time worrying about their medical bills. We are innovators, experimenters, lifelong learners, and free thinkers who strive to have a positive impact on the world around us and are working together to create a company that we all want to work at. Our pioneering tech is in use in all 50 states, and we review clinical documentation for over 1,000,000 unique patient encounters each week (80% of which we automate using our machine learning systems!).
We are looking for exceptional ML Engineers to work closely with our founding team as we develop scalable algorithms and tools to change the way medical billing is performed. As a Machine Learning Engineer you will get the chance to work on greenfield projects that bring modern technologies to an industry in need of change.
- Design and build customized, end-to-end NLP machine learning systems incorporating cutting-edge research techniques to the healthcare industry.
- Develop scalable ML infrastructure and data pipelines to help ingest raw medical data, review model performance and continuously deploy new models.
- Create tools to help improve the interpretability of our deep learning models.
- Gain exposure to novel research problems and make a huge impact as we launch new products.
Who you are
- MS/Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related technical field.
- Programming Experience with one or more general purpose languages (Python).
- Large-scale Machine Learning experience on cloud infrastructure (TensorFlow + GCP is a plus).
- Experience orchestrating complex ETL pipelines (Airflow is a plus).
- Exposure to one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, ranking systems or similar.
- Have an imagination, ambition, and intense curiosity. Be innovative. Skilled in communication.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Base pay: $160k - $200k + additional monetary incentives
Why join Onehot Labs?
-Rare opportunity to join a profitable startup.
-Startup feel + “big company” benefits, like competitive compensation! Full time employees receive 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Commuter Benefits & more!
-Unlimited PTO and flexible remote schedule so you can take the time you need.
-Work on a dynamic range of projects that you couldn’t get at a “big company”.
-Together we create a company culture that we all want to work at.
-Love coming to work - though we are mostly remote we have an office in Flatiron, the heart of New York City, and a team out near Denver, CO
-Learn more about us and the core values that drive Onehot Labs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Onehot Labs is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.