Outbound Business Development Representative
United States (Remote) /
420 Sales – Sales /
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 10 billion push notifications every single day.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you’d expect, but we don’t stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
We’re seeking a motivated business development representative to contribute to our outbound efforts and build new pipeline for our Strategic Account Executives. This role will be laser-focused on booking qualified, high-value meetings for AEs. You’ll work closely with your assigned AE(s) to develop strategy and outreach plans, and you’ll develop personalized outbound. You’ll report to the Global SDR Team leader (who reports to the Head of Marketing) and work incredibly closely with the sales team.
In a typical month, the Business Development Representative at OneSignal might:
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, emails, strategic calling)
- Work closely with your assigned AE(s) to develop strategy, outreach plans, and target accounts with their territories
- Develop and execute personalized outbound sequences across email, phone calls, LinkedIn touches, and other channels
- Follow up with past lost opportunities and other high potential leads
- Book meetings for AEs, ensuring they are prepared to meet with the prospects, and ensure prospect attendance
- Help develop sales strategies to identify and prospect potential customers
- Be a liaison between the Sales, Marketing, and Ops teams to ensure efficient processes and troubleshoot any problems or pain points
- Work with the Marketing, RevOps, and Business Intelligence teams to identify areas of opportunity for your prospecting efforts
- Achieve monthly SQL quotas by booking meetings that convert to opportunities
- Become adept at demonstrating and describing OneSignal’s product and service offering
What you'll bring:
- 2 years experience in an outbound business or sales development role
- Great time management skills and the ability to stay on top of all communication channels to respond to leads quickly
- Collaboration and a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with serious attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A passion for understanding the customer, their needs, and how we can best address them
Qualities we're looking for:
- Friendliness and empathy
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.