San Mateo, California
800K+ mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, and emails. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. Our customers can design banners, pop-ups, and interstitials without a single line of code.
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 5 billion push notifications every single day.
The company has been growing quickly both in terms of revenue and employees. We have raised a total of $34M from investors including SignalFire, Y Combinator, and Rakuten Ventures. OneSignal customers include Volkswagen, Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more. Join us in scaling the business!
What you'll do:
- Architect and design a scalable data warehouse that can be connected to a business intelligence tool. This may mean using the current tool that we have (metabase) or evaluating new tools. This could also mean redesigning the way data is stored in our backend systems
- Build a tool that will allow people across the company to have access to data while fulfilling customer compliance obligations that will scale with the company growth
- Connect SaaS tool data into a data warehouse. This could include data from Salesforce, NetSuite, Recurly, and backend entitlement data
- Create automated cohort analysis and revenue bridges to monitor acquisition, expansion, and churn
- Help evaluate and develop and build automated tracking of KPIs across the business as well develop in depth reports and dashboards for individual groups across the organization
- Evaluate ways to increase the efficiency of internal data flows and centralize sources of truth
- Derive actionable insight from the data including working with sales teams, customer success, and others to build reports to both acquire and retain customers
- Early in the lifecycle of the role, there may also be opportunities for helping with analysis around pricing, geographic expansion, and fully integrating and standardizing contract tracking in Salesforce, among other areas.
- This role reports to the VP of Operations
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of database systems and data pipelines
- Skilled at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull data from various sources
- Proficiency with at least one analytics language such as R, Python
- In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Professional experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science or comparable fields preferred
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, Qlik, PowerBI, etc to develop and enhance dashboards and reports preferred
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.