Senior Fullstack Engineer
Remote - Germany /
Technology – Engineering /
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer who is passionate about solving interesting problems and genuinely enjoys the craft of programming. We don’t expect a master of all trades, but someone more experienced in backend or frontend who is flexible enough to hop to the other side if needed, and who is able to reason about complete end-to-end software architectures. A T-shaped, well-rounded, software engineer that doesn’t see themselves fitting into a small very well defined box.
We’re a closely knit team who tackle challenges together - expect a lot of pair programming and rich discussions in code reviews. We have a cultural strong bias for action, like to move fast, adjust, adapt, then reflect and seek ways to improve every day. Experience working in a Lean environment is desired, and we want help to drive the shipment of well tested software frequently. TDD and good testing practices are highly valued here. As a senior engineer you’ll get to mentor and guide the more junior team members while growing your own career with the support of mentors and coaches throughout the business.
Be open to learning new things, owning topics, experimenting with new ideas, technologies and pioneering new discoveries that nobody else has thought of yet. We would love to welcome a creative and enthusiastic problem solver to join us as we achieve big things!
- Experience in software engineering, regardless of the language. We prefer to match with candidates that have the mindset we seek and then provide space for individuals to pick-up the required technology (again, flexibility is key here).
- System design, architecture, design patterns, object oriented programming, cloud native architectures.
- We value engineers who have a strong product-centric mindset.
- Lean/Agile process. We want you to be involved in all phases of the development lifecycle and bring your unique talents to the process.
- Brilliant team player - communicate and collaborate well with product owners, designers, developers, test engineers and people outside the team.
“I get it; you are flexible about technology skills, but what stack do you use?”
-Backend: mostly Python and Ruby
-Frontend: React and Typescript
-ML: Tensorflow, Jupyter, Dask
-Kubernetes and Docker for deployment
-AWS for underlying infrastructure (Aurora, Redis, Dynamo, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudFront, API Gateway, etc.)
-Gitlab for software lifecycle management.
We are technology agnostic at Onfido. We are not looking for you to have experience in all these technologies. As long as you're open to learn, please apply.
Who you are:
We encourage people from all backgrounds, cultures and skill levels to apply. It is okay to not meet all requirements listed as we are looking for individuals who are passionate, eager to learn.
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity (France, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal). We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one year cliff and vest over a four year period
- 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
- Two paid volunteering days per year.*
- Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Free mental health coaching provided online.
- Life enrichment allowance of up €95 to per month for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare and therapy.
- Dedicated learning opportunities, a team training budget for training and conferences
- Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnFriday); holding quarterly team socials; and other company-wide social events.
- Expense up to €600 to purchase workstation setup equipment
*after 3 months
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.