Senior Director of Total Reward & Operations
Remote - United States /
Business Operations – People /
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will lead, mentor and coach Onfido’s Strategic Reward and People Operations team. This team works on creating a compelling reward proposition and amazing employee experience across a core set of systems and processes in the US, EMEA and APAC.
For People Operations, you will be responsible for end-to-end employee experience and defining the project roadmap. You will oversee systems and operational infrastructure, using business critical dashboards and metrics to ensure organisational efficiency and maximum impact. Your strategic approach will focus on high quality and scalability across the organisation.
Leading the Global Total Rewards function will involve partnering with Senior Leadership and the People Team to deliver a compelling value proposition for the entire company. You will play a strategic role in the implementation of global compensation and benefit programs. Additionally, you will assist with the design, development, and implementation of existing and new total rewards initiatives, policies, and procedures to drive the achievement of company goals and ensure competitive compensation and benefits programs are in place.
As Senior Director of Total Reward & Operations at Onfido you will:
- Lead, mentor and coach a team across Total Reward, People Operations and Workday Define the People Operations / Total Reward strategy and project roadmaps in line with the wider People team & business needs
- Partner with business leaders to design and implement competitive compensation and benefits programs that meet the needs of the company
- Develop, implement and manage the strategic direction of base pay, variable pay, health and welfare plans, and other benefit/perk programs
- Work with external consultants and professional industry organisations to understand and benchmark market practices
- Manage compensation surveys, conduct related analysis, research market competitive practices, recommend new programs or enhancements based on cost/benefit analysis and benchmarking
- Manage the planning and design of the annual compensation salary planning process
- Provide counsel on the creation and analysis of job descriptions to ensure internal and external equity
- Effectively plan and deliver the scaling of Workday - team efficiency and sustainability at the core
- Design and deliver Onfido’s People Hub (shared service) strategy
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all People Processes and tools
- Take ownership of People compliance controls and alignment with global regulations
- Work closely with our People Partners to help drive our People strategy
- Keep current with industry trends and leverage vendors appropriately to ensure all People Operations are keeping pace with the market and external benchmarks
- Manage the annual open enrolment process, annual review and benefits planning
- Ensure that changes to retirement programs incorporate the company’s strategic objectives, satisfy legal requirements, and achieve a balance between market practice, employee needs, and the company’s ability to fund the plan
- Work closely with Internal Audit and Finance teams to build and maintain compliant programs and procedures
We're looking for a Senior Director of Total Reward & Operations who can bring the following to our People Team:
- A desire to deliver a great employee experienceA strong project manager with a long-term, strategic vision for the People Operations and Total Reward team
- Expert knowledge of compensation salary planning, incentive programs, equity plans, and market pricing required
- Global compensation & benefits experience required with UK and US markets strongly preferred
- Knowledge in managing and maintaining retirement programs required - knowledge of 401(k) and pension plan management from start to finish required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence and present at all levels
- Communicates complex compensation practices in simple to understand terms
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information; strong ethics and integrity
- Fearless in moving fluidly between strategy and tactical execution
- Experienced in applying HR-related legal and compliance knowledge to various business scenarios
- Workday experience advantageous
- Understanding of equity/ options is advantageous
- Preference for experience working in both private and public company environments
- Hands-on, demonstrating a proactive approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dynamic and adaptable to change
- Data driven and analytical
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.